Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blowitbig
    • Jan 2016

Re: Popping

When I was young I hated when my ballon popped during ( play time )I actually got depressed , I love blowing up balloons and playing with them , but if they accidentally bust even at my age now it still bothers me a little,
    The bigger the better

Comment

• SoniaStrummFan217
      • May 2012

I morely play with inflatable toys than balloons, but still, I do feel sad when they pop, yeah. Mainly because it always happens at the least expected time. Plus I try not pop my inflatables, so it makes me sad when one of the ones I really like pops underneath me. I had this big inflatable pony from some old plug-in TV game (I only ever bought the inflatable pony part, not the plug-in game it came with), and I really liked it because it was such a big inflatable, and so cute. One day, I got it nice and inflated, straddled it, and BOOM! It popped. It hadn't overinflated it, and I had been playing with it for months. I guess all the times I rode it down as it deflated just wore out the seams. But yeah, I was pretty sad about that one. Same for when my first Intex Gecko (I bought a second one later on), my Intex Happy Dino, my first Jet Creations Baby Tiger (I bought a second one later on), my Banzai Pink Seahorse, and my Digimon Agumon (Ivhave no idea what company made it) all popped.
      Every book is a Tardis: Innocuous on the outside, bigger on the inside, and able to transport you through time and space.

Comment

• ThatOneLooner
        • Mar 2016

I'm not phobic or anything, but I'm usually not a big fan of popping. Because I can't do anything with it once it pops.

Comment

• SlightlyDeflated
          • Nov 2016

I'm fine with popping sandwich bags or those little air bags that are used in shipping, but I don't like to pop my balloons, although it happens sometimes.

Comment

• ThatOneLooner
            • Mar 2016

Yeah, I just feel like it's a waste.

Comment

• b0f0s0f
              • Nov 2016

When a balloon pops accidentally it scares the daylights out of me , usually enough to make me take a break if not stop playing altogether. I can pop them intentionally without much grief provided they aren't inflated too tight, I'm wearing headphones, or are under a bed cover and muffled. Last night I was blowing up some 7" balloons really big to help myself get comfortable with balloons at their limits, and one I had blown up to the max (grossly overinflated with a very tight neck, could barely knot and one more breath probably would've burst it) popped suddenly when it touched the floor. I was wearing sound isolating studio headphones and playing loud music and even still the pop was very loud and scared me terribly.

Comment

• Seasider
                • Jan 2016

I hate popping. I am just blowing up some balloons for my wife's birthday using the electric pump. One teal coloured belbal 14" has just popped at about quarter of its capacity and it's totally thrown me to the point I have taken a break. My hands are shaking and I've only blown up 4 and I was going to blow up about 20!!

I also have a big pop mark on my forearm! I hate being so scared of the prospect of popping!

Comment

• Helium1234
                  • Dec 2016

What is a good electric pump I could buy to pre-inflate balloons? Not looking for anything fancy, quiet and convenient would be perfect. Curious what people use.

Comment

• Masseylooner1
                    • Feb 2017

I'm very very phobic of a balloon popping it scares me every time but that doesn't stop me from doing it haha I love the thrill of it even if I do have to cover my ears every time I do it haha

Comment

• LoudPopper
                      • Jan 2016

Hi there, as you can see I'm a popper (sorry if my name offends anyone) I had a question for everyone here. I was reading this thread and it seemed like there was a general consensus on two different views on popping. It seems like for some, popping is a genuine fear. For other's it seems like they just prefer their balloons inflated instead or popping. I know everyone had a different view on balloons and I respect that, but am I right about what I'm observing?

Comment

• Masseylooner1
                        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by LoudPopper
                        Hi there, as you can see I'm a popper (sorry if my name offends anyone) I had a question for everyone here. I was reading this thread and it seemed like there was a general consensus on two different views on popping. It seems like for some, popping is a genuine fear. For other's it seems like they just prefer their balloons inflated instead or popping. I know everyone had a different view on balloons and I respect that, but am I right about what I'm observing?
                        Your observation is correct, for some of us such as myself we are scared of the loud noise that the balloon produces when it pops, but for others they gain an emotional connection between balloons if they popped then it would break their heart

Comment

• Casey88
                          lukmanrewa
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Masseylooner1
                          Your observation is correct, for some of us such as myself we are scared of the loud noise that the balloon produces when it pops, but for others they gain an emotional connection between balloons if they popped then it would break their heart
                          yes both for me !

Comment

• OneOrTwo
                            • Jan 2017

I wouldn't characterize myself as scare of the balloon popping, but it's certainly a surprise. Mostly I'm a non-popper simply because I get no release from popping, and it means the balloon is gone. I'm not emotionally attached, but it's just a pain, especially if I only have so many or have to go blow up another one.

Comment

• ThatOneLooner
                              • Mar 2016

Originally posted by OneOrTwo
                              I wouldn't characterize myself as scare of the balloon popping, but it's certainly a surprise. Mostly I'm a non-popper simply because I get no release from popping, and it means the balloon is gone. I'm not emotionally attached, but it's just a pain, especially if I only have so many or have to go blow up another one.
                              That'a pretty much how I am. I get nothing from it popping.

Comment

• EtOHLooner
                                • Mar 2017

Depends on how loud it is. If it's very loud, it scares the $#*& out of me. If it's not super loud, I don't mind too much, even though I'm still too fearful to pop deliberately. It also depends if I'm been drinking - if I have some adult beverages in me I don't mind pops as much. Also, if I've been drinking I tend to be more... agressive... about inflating them. While I still don't deliberately B2P, if I've been drinking I'm bolder about pushing balloons to the max, so I'm more likely to get an accidental pop. When I'm sober I'm more timid and even accidental pops are rare. (Hence the username I've chosen.)

No emotional attachment here, so I don't feel bad about pops. As long as it didn't scare the living daylights out of me, I'm actually kind of pleased with myself afterwards, even though I was fearful of it happening right beforehand. Kind of like I get a "See? That wasn't so bad" feeling. Sometimes I think I want to be a popper but I'm still too fearful to do it deliberately. Also, although I don't deliberately B2P myself, I love watching B2P vids so maybe that's another thing pointing me in that direction.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎