X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
    PVC Fetish
    • Jan 2013

PVC inflatable cylinder, by PUL

PVC-U-Like, based in the UK, have introduced an inflatable glass clear cylinder to their product range: https://pvc-u-like.com/Product.aspx?...=search&PPGR=0

I imagine that it would be ideal for those who prefer inflatables made from soft shiny PVC!
    Enjoy soft, shiny and smooth PVC (inflatables and clothing). The 6P-free/10P-free material is total rubbish.
  • Vicci
    Blown to bits
    • Oct 2009

Re: PVC inflatable cylinder, by PUL

I've not been a massive fan of their quality on clothing recently (badly welded/incoplete seams, items with one sleeve much longer than the other, different materials between two identical products etc etc) then their after-sales service has been terrible when reporting the issues, "Thank you for your feedback" (from Gary, the owner) then nothing further.
    When I ordered an inflatable hood from them a couple of years ago, it had holes in the seams - it went back to them 3 times for repairs before Royal Mail eventually lost it and I got a refund.

So not sure if I'd want to put my money down on that.

Shame because they used to be alright.
    Vicci x

Comment

• craggy2012
      • Jan 2012

Hmmm, think the Shosu item is far superior…… then again, it obviously costs more than the PUL item.

Comment

• PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
        PVC Fetish
        • Jan 2013

I have a few ride rolls and a 'squeezer' from SHOSU. While they advertise their inflatables as being soft, I find that the PVC material still lacks in the same degree of softness of 1990s/early 2000s inflatables; this is because the PVC films SHOSU use to make their inflatables is '6P Free': it does not contain any phthalate plasticisers. Not even DINP (diisononylphthalate), which is said to be safer than the low molecular weight phthalates (I think that the real-life health risk of being in bodily contact with phthalate-softened inflatables is grossly over-exaggerated).
        Enjoy soft, shiny and smooth PVC (inflatables and clothing). The 6P-free/10P-free material is total rubbish.

Comment

• PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
          PVC Fetish
          • Jan 2013

It could be that you've experienced a bit of bad luck with PUL. I've personally never had any issues, quality-wise, with the raincoats and bedding I've bought from them.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎