Who here is into exercise balls, and what are your experiences?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Merl
    Hopper research dept.
    • Apr 2021

Re: Who here is into exercise balls, and what are your experiences?

Anyone familiar with the Thera-Band balls? They're the older style gym ball vinyl (glossy, rubbery) but unsure what the quality is like.

Comment

• ballguy21
      • Dec 2021

I use a smaller exercise ball, with plans to upgrade to a larger one in the future. It’s my favorite way to bounce around, roll around, etc and it keeps my legs in pretty good shape too for being such a small ball.

Comment

• ExerBaller
        • Jan 2022

I have an 85cm exercise ball and a 75cm ball (currently deflated as there's no space for it at the moment.)

I really like the 85cm ball since I can easily bounce more on it compared to other sizes. despite my 75cm ball being a little bit smaller than I liked, I'll still use it from time to time when I can.

Unfortunately my 85cm ball seems to be a bit egg shaped but regardless it makes the experience of humping it and bouncing on it more fun

I've also had a few 65/75cm balls that've unfortunately popped on me by accident.

I'm hoping to get a 95cm or higher ball in the future since that could be a really fun experience to try out haha

Comment

• RogueWolf
          • Jan 2022

I own a 75cm and 65cm ball, but I am looking into getting a larger one in the future. Possibly a 85cm or 95cm, as they seem really fun to use.

Comment

• dell3231
            • Jul 2021

I own 3 fitness balls

All 3 are over a year old.

I have 65, 75, and 85cm fitness balls

I primally use the 85cm fitness ball to inflate under my belly. It's connected to an electric pump. I enjoy the ball expanding under my belly since it does feel good on my body and the ball lifts me in the air.

The other 2 balls i have them inflated if i want to bounce on them.

Comment

• heaviest
              • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Merl
              Anyone familiar with the Thera-Band balls? They're the older style gym ball vinyl (glossy, rubbery) but unsure what the quality is like.
              From memory: There are two. The cheaper, older model is the glossy one, and is rated to only 600 pounds. To most people that seems like a lot, but as newer ones are rated a lot more, one wonders just how sturdy these are. The newer model is rated to 1000, still not a lot, and I think (but I don't own one to verify) is less glossy, or even non-glossy.

My ex had one of the older ones. It did the job, I was never really into it. They seem able to hold the weight, which makes them simultaneously uninteresting to me, but also scary enough that I'm afraid to abuse them. I like beach balls better. But my ex actually used it for its intended purpose. She was 450 pounds or so at her heaviest. I've had a much heavier woman sit on it without incident. She wasn't into it, either.

Comment

• Alex_Boing
                • Aug 2022

I'm absolutely IN LOVE with exercise balls lol. Nothing else in this world turns me on like crazy than seeing a super sexy guy with a gym ball, especially sitting or bouncing on it!
                I have 4 exercise balls but mainly use my biggest one since it's oddly more softer than the others. Also just got a new ball today which I'm hoping to get as big as the one I'm currently use the most!
                Definitely gonna go straddle that new ball and have a nice bounce!

Comment

• Trephillips

Originally posted by Alex_Boing
                  I'm absolutely IN LOVE with exercise balls lol. Nothing else in this world turns me on like crazy than seeing a super sexy guy with a gym ball, especially sitting or bouncing on it!
                  I have 4 exercise balls but mainly use my biggest one since it's oddly more softer than the others. Also just got a new ball today which I'm hoping to get as big as the one I'm currently use the most!
                  Originally posted by heaviest
                  From memory: There are two. The cheaper, older model is the glossy one, and is rated to only 600 pounds. To most people that seems like a lot, but as newer ones are rated a lot more, one wonders just how sturdy these are. The newer model is rated to 1000, still not a lot, and I think (but I don't own one to verify) is less glossy, or even non-glossy.

My ex had one of the older ones. It did the job, I was never really into it. They seem able to hold the weight, which makes them simultaneously uninteresting to me, but also scary enough that I'm afraid to abuse them. I like beach balls better. But my ex actually used it for its intended purpose. She was 450 pounds or so at her heaviest. I've had a much heavier woman sit on it without incident. She wasn't into it, either.
                  Black mountain products exercise balls are rated to 2000 pounds and are also a bit older style, glossy/rubbery

Comment

• Trephillips

Originally posted by Alex_Boing
                    What's your favourite experience with exercise balls?

Comment

• BouncyWiz
                      • Aug 2022

I just went out and bought an exercise ball today to keep me bouncing until I get a space hopper. Mine's only 55cm since I'm a petite woman. I haven't inflated it fully to the recommended size yet, but I sat on it to test it out and feels quite nice and bouncy like I hoped. I look forward to using it everyday. I'm also hoping my boyfriend will enjoy watching me bounce on my ball and maybe even join in (we don't yet live together, so we don't get to see each other as often lately due to work).

Comment

• BouncyWiz
                        • Aug 2022

I decided I'm just going to use my exercise ball as a hopper ball whenever I'm home alone. I still live with my parents who are always home, so I'm too embarrassed to get an actual space hopper and it would be easier to explain why I have an exercise ball as I also use it as a chair. While I was home alone recently, I clipped a bag strap around the ball to use as a handle (it was the best thing I could find in the house) and while I was able to have fun bounce around with it, it didn't stay on for very long even when I stuck it on with tape. Therefore, I ordered one of those fabric covers with a handle.

Comment

• Unicks
                          • Nov 2020

I've been at this a while, so it's been a process to discover something you like.. "Exercise balls" were easy to have around the house in the early days, nothing to explain.. then I begin to notice the variants, peanut balls, physio rolls and doughnuts.. some coming in huge sizes and others grossly misrepresented in their ads. People seeing these items inflated in my house tempted some to get freaked out and ask all sorts of questions, others would bounce on them and play with a nervous grin... cool!

I think the most entertaining ball I have in my collection is a doughnut shape, it claims a size of 85cm diam X 45cm Height.. or the peanut which is rated for 80x130cm or their 120cm ball. All of them treated with ATBC and get much larger than intended, but have a very soft sticky feel. They are a perfect segway from big balloons that have a good firmness and size but prone to pop. These balls will pop too, but it takes a lot to do that.. mostly overinflated, because they will keep on inflating like a koosh toy and eventually go bang.. but nothing like a regular exercise ball will. The doughnut is my favorite because it won't roll around when you sit on it, you just have to worry about your colon getting sucked out when bouncing while naked and wet.. I tried sitting on it in the shower.. and after a few good bounces, I wanted to call 911.. but pulled the stopper out and let it deflate and relieve the vacuum.. good remedy for constipation!

The large peanut balls are awesome too!.. I've bought the largest from ledra which is the red gymnic ball, I found them quite firm so I mostly don't use it anymore. There is another company that makes the regular "non burst resistant" balls, they rock! Their largest peanut ball is the blue one, 80x130cm. I have tried to pop this one on a compressor and chickened out, it just begged me to keep it after it got enormous and clear like a crystal balloon.. but almost twice it's rated size. It shrunk more than I ever expected when it finally deflated, but kept a soft balloon feel on subsequent inflations. Definitely a keeper!

U

Comment

• frenchy
                            • Sep 2018

Unicks - what is the brand of that blue peanut ball? Sounds awesome! I love the green Cando roll and the red Cando peanut. Also what brand is the doughnut ball? I agree the largest red Gymnic peanut is too firm. I keep lots of bouncy exercise balls in the house. I used to worry about what other people though but now I don’t care.

Comment

• Unicks
                              • Nov 2020

frenchy: The brand of the blue doughnut and peanut ball are also Cando, so if you have the red one, it's the next larger. Rarely in stock at most retailers, but a good candidate to replace the red physio-roll sold by ledra plastic. It will inflate as large as they say, but you have to be nice and don't over do it too quickly.. I add a softener to them and they have a better when inflated fully.

There are other chinese companies making these pvc balls, but as I have found, the ones made by Cando are consistent. The abs foam balls tend to be the generic norm.

U

Comment

• frenchy
                                • Sep 2018

Thanks U ! I just ordered the blue peanut. Groupon had a discount price.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎