Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danniballoon
    • Mar 2018

Dunnage bag riding

I got me another dunnage bag off Fleabay. They are 220x100 CM and come as a paper outer with a plastic inner. If you carefully cut away the outer, you can reveal the plastic bag inside. This looks like it may be some sort of polypropylene material as it is a milky white in colour. It's harder than polyethene and vinyl, but a bit thinner than a pool toy. The valve is a something of a bind, but can be inflated with the thinnest attachment on an electric inflatables pump, however it does take a long time. They are not meant to be deflated and it shows popping with a knife in the instructions. However, they can be deflated with the same pump attachment or by jamming a thin stick in the valve.
    Anyway that aside, they are the most wonderful ride and can be inflated rock hard and will easily take my 12 stone and plenty of bouncy action
    Attached Files
  • ArchibaldR
    • May 2021

Re: Dunnage bag riding

Ohmygod that looks AMAZING! I've always wanted to have a dunnage bag but i'm never sure what i need to buy. Are almost all dunnage bags like this, that you can reveal the plastic bag inside? Do you have any tips where to buy?

Comment

• glovepopper
      • May 2019

My dunnage bag has a different valve, similar to those in inflatable boats. It allows for quick deflation, by pressing and turning the inner knob. The bag is rated to be inflated to a pressure of 0.2 bar (3 psi), but the bladder removed from inside seems to be rather fragile. I have to be careful not to make a hole in it with my elbow, for example...
      Bag in factory condition (not disassembled) inflated to the pressure 0.2 bar is very hard, and deflating is incredibly loud
      Attached Files

Comment

• TheMole
        • Nov 2019

I've only ever tried the all-vinyl ones that are more expensive but that plastic bag looks like so much fun with the outer layer taken off! These are also super fun, very similar to dunnage bags and quite tough. The 4x8 is heavenly comfortable.

Comment

• glovepopper
          • May 2019

A short video of a tightly inflated my dunnage bag - in the attachment.
          Attached Files

Comment

• lianne14
            • Jan 2020

Originally posted by TheMole
            I've only ever tried the all-vinyl ones that are more expensive but that plastic bag looks like so much fun with the outer layer taken off! These are also super fun, very similar to dunnage bags and quite tough. The 4x8 is heavenly comfortable.
            How is the quality like? Do share samples of using it as it seems very under rated and not many even try using this!

Comment

• TheMole
              • Nov 2019

Originally posted by lianne14
              Do share samples of using it as it seems very under rated and not many even try using this!
              I will post something tomorrow when I can get it out in private again .

These are very durable compared to the normal (usually light-blue) ones you can buy at local pool supply stores. The get fat and stretch out a bit after being ridden at full inflation but are very resilient and I have yet to burst one.

Comment

• glovepopper
                • May 2019

The polypropylene from which the inner bladders in these dunnage bags are made is unfortunately not very stretchy, and this is their biggest disadvantage. Even light overinflating quickly causes the damage seen in the photo, and this leads to the bursting of the bag...
                Attached Files

Comment

• Whale Rider
                  • Nov 2022

I really have to ask what is a dunnage bag and whats it actually for?

Comment

• Exaturbo
                    • Feb 2021

Originally posted by Whale Rider
                    I really have to ask what is a dunnage bag and whats it actually for?
                    They are used in mainly freight industry where a container isn’t full.
                    They use the bags to inflate and make sure that boxes won’t move inside the container during shipping.

Comment

• Danniballoon
                      • Mar 2018

I managed to get a good deal on 9 Cargo-tuff dunnage bags on Fleabay. The inner bag is made from polythene. It has a softer feel to it and doesn't feel as 'plasticy' as the polypropylene ones. According to their website the polythene is 62 microns or 248 gauge. Fully inflated, it took my weight and proved to be a really nice ride
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Whale Rider
                        • Nov 2022

Originally posted by Danniballoon
                        I managed to get a good deal on 9 Cargo-tuff dunnage bags on Fleabay. The inner bag is made from polythene. It has a softer feel to it and doesn't feel as 'plasticy' as the polypropylene ones. According to their website the polythene is 62 microns or 248 gauge. Fully inflated, it took my weight and proved to be a really nice ride
                        lol a super amazon package bumper ^^. well nice that it took your weight since we dont know your approx. weight *insert shrug emoji here*

Comment

• Danniballoon
                          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Whale Rider
                          lol a super amazon package bumper ^^. well nice that it took your weight since we dont know your approx. weight *insert shrug emoji here*
                          About 12 stone

Comment

• Whale Rider
                            • Nov 2022

Originally posted by Danniballoon
                            About 12 stone
                            for those people who are living in any other country than the US that is roughly 75 kg in other words pretty healthy average I think ^^

Comment

• Whale Rider
                              • Nov 2022

Originally posted by lianne14
                              How is the quality like? Do share samples of using it as it seems very under rated and not many even try using this!
                              and some did not even know these exist ^^

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍