Old 14-06-2019, 05:11 AM

JamesPopper is on a distinguished road
Default 36 inch balloons from Micheal?
Any thoughts/opinions on them?
Old 14-06-2019, 07:07 AM

PBK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 36 inch balloons from Micheal?
Michaels? As in the big box craft store?
I know they're an American chain, but we have Michaels stores all over up here in Canada.
I do indeed know of the 36" balloons Michaels stocks. I'm just not sure if they're the same ones down in the USA stores as what they are up here.
The ones we have are Chinese made, teardrop shaped when blown up. For a Chinese manufactured balloon they're of amazingly high quality. They seem thin when first taken out of the package but when blown up are actually quite durable and strong and form a nice neck when overinflated. They take a good riding/humping and work well with helium. I'm a non-popper so I couldn't tell you what they are like to BTP or ride to death.
When fully inflated they have no visible flaws, marks or bubbles. I presently have a white one right behind me air filled and quite overinflated and it's durable. They've available in all common colors including clear. The black ones are in the gender reveal packaging.
The downside? Expensive. They're quite pricey for a package of 3.
Overall, I give them a 9/10. At least the ones available in my area.
Old 15-06-2019, 02:20 AM

Whoopsapopperlips is on a distinguished road
Last time I was there, colours were limited, but I found the quality to be much better than the cheaper Dollarama equivalent. They had slightly longer necks too.
Also, on the other side of the aisle amongst Martha Stewart branded decorations I found 36 inch fluted in black, silver, or gold. Ridiculously overpriced, they come with a frilly garland (woooh). Chinese made, quality not great, the first one I got had a hole in it. Tried a couple more. If they do not suffer from major flaws they get pretty big with a decent neck.
It would be nice to find these in more colours, without the M.S.E branding and inevitable overpricing.
Old 16-06-2019, 11:13 PM

PBK is on a distinguished road
Actually I have found the Dollarama 4 ft teardrop balloons from China have come a long way. I remember when Dollarama was expanding out west here and they had those speckle prints. I remember only buying a few and writing them off as cheap junk because most of the time they'd have a hole or would pop prematurely or would have a god-awful chemical smell. Sometimes the latex was literally fused with the plastic packaging.
The ones they have now seem to be a lot better in terms of quality. They've eliminated the speckle print ones and replaced them with either plain or smiley faced 4-footers (in reality they might get 4 feet long from lips to nipple, but diameter-wise they typically only reach 3 feet). These large balloons from Dollarama seem to be light years ahead of their old speckle print kin in terms of durability and reliability. I've had dozens blown up over the last couple of years and they inflate nice and big with a long neck and I've rarely had a pre-mature or random pop. I've humped them and kicked them around and inflated them to their absolute maximum limit and they seem to hold up. The neon pink smiley's seem to be the only ones that have given me any random or premature pops. The other colors are great. I'm a quasi-phobic non-popper and I'll keep buying them.
They're $1.25 each (Canadian dollars) at my local stores (Calgary area). The only thing I haven't done is try them with helium.
The only downside to them is the smiley print tends to peel off when the smileys are inflated to capacity. Not very great printing machines at the balloon factories in The PRC.