Old 09-10-2018, 05:34 PM

SuTeKh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Not Alone!!
I myself thought i was the only one with the fetish as well. Im truly happy to have found this site. Would love to chat and get to know other looners more. Over the years as i started seeing more of it on the internet i started really indulging in it. Happy to hopefully get to chat with others like myself as its honestly hard to confess the fetish to friends and loved ones but i love chatting about it!
Old 14-10-2018, 06:05 AM
POP-O-RAMA!

MikeTheBouncer is on a distinguished road
I spent roughly eight years thinking I was alone in the world. I started on this journey before the internet became publicly available. I remember going to the public library searching psychology books and even "dream interpretation" books trying to find out what was "wrong" with me. I was embarrassed and ashamed of these feelings and confused because I didn't understand it or myself.
I didn't have the word "fetish" in my lexicon yet. So I had no idea what I was feeling and fantasizing about was even called (yet.) It was an overwhelming experience to find this community of others like myself. This community has been my "support group" for twenty years now. I am thankful that I found others like myself and to not feel so alone in the world.

Twenty years? I can't believe it's been that long. Let's hope this community sticks together (in one way or another) for at least another twenty!

MikeTheBouncer

Last edited by MikeTheBouncer; 12-02-2019 at 01:32 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:08 PM

Creeperlooner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BusterBill View Post
Just another historical note - - after the first commercially available latex balloons became available in mid or late 1800's Victorian England, there were mentions of balloon fetishists in literature of the period.

Young students at Oxford and Cambridge schools wrote about this fascinating new means of attaining arousal and orgasm. They talked about their experiences in a most innocent way, really just expressing wonder and curiousity about how a simple latex toy could be so erotic.

I've lost my photocopies of the Victorian stories. They were sent to me years ago by a fellow looner who was a scholar of Victorian literature. The copies were made on some kind of copy machine whose ink faded away, leaving me with yellowed, fragile, brittle blank paper.

Anyway I think it's fascinating to know that our fetish goes all the way back to the beginning of the latex balloon in the 1800's.
Iím very very interested in those stories! Is there any register of looners in the beginning of the 20th century? I heard a story long time ago in the Balloon Buddies that the soon the latex balloons were introduced in the United States in 1930 it became a sex toy for marines in long ship travels.

Who was the very first looner person ever existed?
Old 06-01-2020, 09:49 PM

globos&bears is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Nonpop25 View Post
So happy that I found this site and found out I am not alone in my balloon fetish!! I'm a 25 year old non popper and am so happy to find this community!! Would love to chat to some other looners to talk to!!

I've always been ashamed of my love of balloons but now that I know I'm not alone I'm going to celebrate and take a long weekend to celebrate and get some large balloons and helium balloons
Hi there, it is nice to see that you foud a community that understand you. Welcome!

I totaly understand your "i am not alone" feeling, it is probably that all people in the forum has this same feeling in their early ages. For me until my 20s I thought that I was the only one with this feeling for balloons. At my 26 i knew my first boyfriend from Ballon Buddy List, surprisingly he lived in my same neighboor in Buenos Aires at 20 blocks from my home, thank you internet :-).
Old 24-01-2020, 01:24 PM

Will blown is an unknown quantity at this point

Before the 80's we had The Balloon Buddies pen pal correspondence group which at its peak reached over 3,000 looners around the world.
Thank God for the Balloon Buddies! It may have been one of my first discoveries when the web just bagan. I remember literally shaking for days when I found out there were other people who loved balloons the way I do. That list changed my life and turned something I was ashamed of, tried to hide, tried to get rid of into something I embrace. The best thing that ever happened to my relationship and probably the one thing that has helped keep my wife and I together for nearly 30 years! No desire to have affairs as I always can have multiple 10's that never say now and always are amazing and they do not threaten my wife.

Thank you so much BusterBill for that list. I think a lot of us owe the early pioneers an awful lot. Where would I be without the Balloon Buddies?
Old 24-01-2020, 10:10 PM

Fuusen is on a distinguished road

Interestly, the opening page of the Balloon Buddies first web site, which went online in 1995, featured an animation which asked the question "Bet you thought you were the only one, didn't you?" The original balloonbuddies.com site is probably still accessible at the Internet Archive at web.archive.org
I remember that very well. That was the very moment I realised I have the fetish 😄
Old 25-01-2020, 04:00 AM
Founder, Balloon Buddies

BusterBill is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Not Alone!!
Originally Posted by Creeperlooner View Post
I heard a story long time ago in the Balloon Buddies that the soon the latex balloons were introduced in the United States in 1930 it became a sex toy for marines in long ship travels.

I remember hearing something like that also. My best guess is that the person who wrote that was confusing inflatable rubber sex dolls with balloons. Some sailors in the early part of the 20th century discovered sex dolls in Asia that were made from the same sort of rubber as was used to make balloons at that time. Apparently the sex dolls were popular ship-board entertainment toys. My late grandfather was in the US Navy back in those days and on one or two occasions he mentioned the blow-up sex toys that sailors enjoyed.
Old 25-01-2020, 02:14 PM
Banned

BalloonBoyUK is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Not Alone!!
Welcome to the group. I'm glad you've found a safe place to enjoy your interest.

Never feel ashamed about being you. As long as what you do isn't illegal, and doesn't harm your life or that of someone else, then you have every right to live your life in whatever way you like.

Hopefully, having this group here, and knowing that there are other poeple like you, will mean you have a safe-haven. Feel free to ask questions, raise any issues you may have, or just ask us for advice. We've all been through things at one stage or other, and so you have a wealth of experience in looning available to you, from all different kinds of looners, and all kinds of different people.

Have fun with your balloons, and we'll hopefully see you on the forum.