Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMole
    • Nov 2019

Favorite way of sealing balloons?

I’ve often wondered what other looners’ favorite ways of sealing balloons are.

Personally, I tie the smaller ones I don’t necessarily care about saving but always use either a rubber band or a clip to seal loons I may want to hold onto for a while and reuse.

My girlfriend recently bought these for us and they work perfectly! Just like the clips from loonerworld.de, just without the loop for a string - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JZ2MD3H

So how do you like to seal your balloons?
  • LoonerMyName
    • Sep 2018

Re: Favorite way of sealing balloons?

I'm a nonpopper and only have smaller balloons, so I like to use a coin like a penny or a rubber band to seal my balloons. I get a better neck from riding when using coins, but the coin usually falls out.

Comment

• BYGavia
      • Dec 2017

You can buy that kind of clip at IKEA very cheaply. I really like them. Second favorite way is to use rubber hair ties.

Comment

• EtOHLooner
        • Mar 2017

Clip, or if you get the neck full you enough you can just twist it and it will hold.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
          • May 2020

I do a half tie. Occasionally I will use a clip but I have had them break in half and turn into painful projectiles.

Comment

• balloonPatcher
            • Jun 2020

I usually half tie. On some of the 32and 36 " balloons I roll the neck and push it in like a punch ball. I put the sealed end down so that's it does not unroll while bouncing. Occasionally I use a clip as well.

Comment

• Bazzer

I do not like using clips. I tend to tie a full knot in the ones that are destined for bursting and a half-knot for the lucky ones that I might allow to survive.

Comment

• TheMole
                • Nov 2019

Originally posted by LoonerMyName
                I get a better neck from riding when using coins, but the coin usually falls out.
                I’ve used a champagne cork and small rubber band for the same purpose of maxing out the neck size Works well without blowing out.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎