X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bjorn
    Phobic non-popper
    • Oct 2018

Any phobic non-poppers like me?

I'm Bjorn. A non-popper with a phobia for popping. Maybe it's strange, but the balloons give me so much adrenaline.

I like bouncing and humping on balloons. It is a wonderful feeling, but I am always so scared to pop the balloon.

I like the shape of balloon when bouncing on it and the feeling of a balloon forming itself to my body. My favourite color is yellow. I get very excited of bouncing yellow balloons and like their smell.

At the moment I've got yellow Qualatex balloons (pastel, 16 inch), they are so great. No single pop so far, but I am still somewhat scared and tense because the chance of an unexpected bang continues to exist. You never know how much these balloons can bear.

Are any more phobic non-poppers like me? And what are your experiences?
  • palloncino90
    • Jan 2018

Re: Any phobic non-poppers like me?

Super phobic here
    I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• Casey88
      lukmanrewa
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Bjorn
      I'm Bjorn. A non-popper with a phobia for popping. Maybe it's strange, but the balloons give me so much adrenaline.

I like bouncing and humping on balloons. It is a wonderful feeling, but I am always so scared to pop the balloon.

I like the shape of balloon when bouncing on it and the feeling of a balloon forming itself to my body. My favourite color is yellow. I get very excited of bouncing yellow balloons and like their smell.

At the moment I've got yellow Qualatex balloons (pastel, 16 inch), they are so great. No single pop so far, but I am still somewhat scared and tense because the chance of an unexpected bang continues to exist. You never know how much these balloons can bear.

Are any more phobic non-poppers like me? And what are your experiences?

Me too here but I am starting to get over my popping phobia over-time.

I love printed Q16 balloons, its one of if not the best balloon out there. I can hump it and have my body lay over it without it popping, especially when it gets softer.

Comment

• masseylooner
        • Mar 2016

I'm a phobic too the loud noise of a balloon pop scares me so much, but ive been popping balloon lately to try and get over my phobia, it's scary at first when I begin to pop then but then I get such a rush

Comment

• BYGavia
          • Dec 2017

/me raises hand

Comment

• Big Balloons!
            • Jul 2016

Phobic here. I'm fine with balloons blown up tight with a pump, but I get worried with inflating by mouth. I'm pretty careful with smaller balloons blown tight because I'm scared of pops but when it does happen I recover from it quick enough

Comment

• mustangnut
              • Jul 2017

you can count me in, If there are balloons being "played" with at public places don't expect me to stick around long . Also I almost never neck balloons, I consider it danger zone.

Comment

• Bjorn
                Phobic non-popper
                • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Big Balloons!
                Phobic here. I'm fine with balloons blown up tight with a pump, but I get worried with inflating by mouth. I'm pretty careful with smaller balloons blown tight because I'm scared of pops but when it does happen I recover from it quick enough
                I blow up my balloons by mouth. I'm not afraid to blow them up myself.
                I usually stop blowing when the balloon starts to give more resistance.
                I'm afraid to inflate the neck the balloon, because it can pop any moment with a loud bang.

Yesterday I overinflate a balloon. I've seen a lot of blow to pop videos with Belbal 14 inch balloons. The necks did get enormous before the balloons were popping, so I decided that it had to be possible to blow up the neck a little bit. And yes, the balloon is still alive.

It looks so exciting, but I'm also a little bit afraid to move the balloon and drop it for example on the floor.
                I'm afraid that just a little "sharp" object can pop my balloon. If an overflated balloon like this pops, it will be loud bang.

Comment

• Bjorn
                  Phobic non-popper
                  • Oct 2018

Originally posted by mustangnut
                  you can count me in, If there are balloons being "played" with at public places don't expect me to stick around long . Also I almost never neck balloons, I consider it danger zone.
                  I'm always afraid when I see kids playing with balloons, espescially with overinflated balloons. They can pop any moment, that scares me.

Why did people overinflate balloons when they give them them away to (little) children? The kids want to play with them, especially little kids don't want to pop there balloons. They pop there balloons accidentally, but yes, their raw handling with balloons scares me so much.

All balloons handled by others scares me at least little. When they overinflate balloons or knot overinflated balloons I'm really scared. The balloon can pop any moment.

I'm also afraid to neck balloons myself, but by the other side, necked balloons looks so exciting.

Comment

• Dude1234
                    • Sep 2017

I'm semi phobic if I haven't popped a specific loon before I'm a little hesetent and I still haven't done a blow pop yet hope even though I want to try it but normally I'm not phobic.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2018

Hi,

I'm definitely a strict non-popper/popping phobic. I hate it when kids (why is it always kids) get balloons, and then proceed to blow them up bigger, and bigger, and bigger, and then bash each other with them, when they're dangerously overinflated?! :-(

The sound and sight of a balloon popping upsets me, so I tend to stay as far away from anyone I don't trust who is messing about with balloons in this manner.

BalloonBoyUK

Comment

• Seasidelad
                        • Sep 2018

Not really phobic just don’t like the popping sound. I love having balloons around but if I want a ride I use inflatables more as they can take more without popping. Sometimes combine both but I don’t overinflate the balloon.

Comment

• Casey88
                          lukmanrewa
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by BalloonBoyUK
                          Hi,

I'm definitely a strict non-popper/popping phobic. I hate it when kids (why is it always kids) get balloons, and then proceed to blow them up bigger, and bigger, and bigger, and then bash each other with them, when they're dangerously overinflated?! :-(

The sound and sight of a balloon popping upsets me, so I tend to stay as far away from anyone I don't trust who is messing about with balloons in this manner.

BalloonBoyUK
                          Aye, kids + balloons are ALWAYS dangerous territories ! Like a ticking time-bomb

Comment

• scuba
                            • Jan 2017

AfI would not say that i am a phobic of popping a balloon.
                            I more see it as a waste.
                            If i have floated on a GL1200 balloon for a couble of hours on a lake in windy weather it become a almost become a companion like a trusty horse.
                            So if it pops the next time i inflate to float on it i always feel a little sad

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎