Old 06-01-2019, 11:54 AM

ThmFirball is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looner video game
There are no errors. It only didnot start. I try to open it and nothing happens. I donot understand why? i did everything you told me. nothing is working
Old 06-01-2019, 12:18 PM

wildheart is on a distinguished road
Testing it on another computer now. I’m guessing you tried right clicking and run as administrator?

Edit: it doesn’t work for me either. Don’t think the game engine likes using files this big. I’ll see what I can do. This is why I wanted to port the game to a new engine. The one I used for this is very dated.

I’ll see if I can reduce the file size for the audio. Sorry for the problems, it’s on my end, not yours.

Last edited by wildheart; 06-01-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:25 PM

All working now. Just click the same link to download the new version. I converted some of the audio to mono to save space. Anything over 128gb and the game doesnít like it.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:35 PM

ThmFirball is on a distinguished road
Thx for your Help and Patience. It is working fine. Great job. Awesome Game. kKeep on going.
Old 13-01-2019, 03:43 PM

Myra is on a distinguished road
Oh, I will have to try this. I remember playing rpg maker games when I was young. It'll bring back memories. I'm curious how you made it work with balloons. Most of the games I played were like classic rpgs or pokemon type games, although there was one where you played as a cat...
Old 13-01-2019, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Myra View Post
Oh, I will have to try this. I remember playing rpg maker games when I was young. It'll bring back memories. I'm curious how you made it work with balloons. Most of the games I played were like classic rpgs or pokemon type games, although there was one where you played as a cat...
Most of the stuff was custom. So I had to add my own sounds and graphics. Iím currently planing out a new looner game in a more updated RPG maker. Iím having problems with the old one. Donít know wether to continue this story or have new characters.

I also played a game in RPG maker where you play as a cat. Wonder if it was the same one.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:12 AM

Benga is on a distinguished road
So I got through Chapter 2 in this Loonquest 1.0 game, and then I, as Jenny, got locked in Winter's basement. I was looking for Winter (maybe, I don't remember), and wandered down there. The locked trap door kept me from leaving, the cage is locked, which means the hole is inaccessible, and Winter isn't there. So I had to shut down the game. There should always be some way either to escape every area or just to "go home" or something, without having to have had the previous foresight to save a safer location recently.

In both Loonquests, there probably ought to be either a tiny world map or just the ability to re-ask what the quest is or where the player needs to go. Trying to remember the details across 15 screens worth of locations may be part of the fun, but if a player gets lost and forgets, they're...lost and have forgotten permanently, until or unless they happen to stumble to the next place they're supposed to be.

Overall, nice job in a lot of ways.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:21 AM

I’ll have to have a look at that scene in loonquest 1. You shouldn’t be able to get stuck without the quest progressing. Looks like I’ll have to fix it. I did want to add a reminder system. It should be possible, I’ve just got to figure out how to implement it.

A return to home system would be easy to do, but it could break certain quests if done at the wrong time.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:46 AM

Benga is on a distinguished road
My fault. It isn't bugged, I don't think. I had just reached the end of the game, I think (the end of Chapter 2), so it sent Jenny to Winter's house (again) with no way to leave her house and no Winter.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:59 PM

I’ll have a look. I’m pretty sure it ended on a mini game that I wasn’t able to complete due to the file size being too big. That’s why I upgraded the engine for the second game.