X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • balloonrider
    • Jan 2017

Social media

Hello

What do all of you think is the best loonerfriendly social media? I myself have a looner facebook account, but i see that instagram, tumblr and loads of other social media have looners out and about.

My experience with facebook is a bit mixed, there is definitely some cool looners to look out for who post pics and vids and discussions as well as there is many nut jobs out there, people who send you just a random dick pic, or people who begs for money or balloons. I still use facebook and chat to some people out there. Any recommendations on other social media?
  • craggy2012
    • Jan 2012

Re: Social media

Probably some of the Kik or Telegram groups for me. I was on VK myself just for my balloon fetish lifestyle but deliberately kept my account decent (nothing adult, questionable or indecent imagewise) but strangely I got my account reported and subsequently had my account blacklisted by their admins by an unknown individual. I just couldn’t be arsed to get it overturned though so I removed myself. It was a shame though as there used to be quite a few decent looners on it at one point, but in the end it was just full of oddballs n shit stirrers which I simply ain’t got time for.

Comment

• Meililoon
      aka lyckr
      • Sep 2014

I have accounts on a couple of sites, but the only one I ever post anything on is Twitter. I tried making a Facebook account a few years ago, but got banned after a month, even though I had never posted anything.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
        Banned
        • Dec 2018

VK.com has a ton of looner content, and is fab for looners.... HOWEVER, and this is the huge caveat...

...it's aimed at Russian social-media users, and you will be pestered to within an inch of your life, with (fake) women wanting to be "friends" with you. As such, it can be a real pain, and you will be inundated with members who claim they want to get to know you, when all they care about is adding your name on to their spamming lists, and then harvesting your info (and that of all your friends).

Facebook has plenty of looner content on it, but I'd highly recommend using a different account to your main one, for obvious reasons. (I have two, of which one I keep just for my looner stuff.)

It's all down to what you are looking for, but if I'm brutally honest, none of them are particularly great/fun/enjoyable to use, without a lot of hassle.

Comment

• JamesPopper
          • Nov 2016

There is Discord
          Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.

I help run the biggest and most active balloon community on discord, we have constant chatter and you can almost always find someone to talk to about balloons,squeaks or just memes

Comment

• ubuntuUser
            • Oct 2017

James, any chance you can repost that discord invite? It's expired by now. Thanks

Comment

• BusterBill
              Founder, Balloon Buddies
              • Nov 2016

The discord link is expired.

Comment

• JamesPopper
                • Nov 2016

Ope.
                Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.

There you go, it will not expire

Comment

• Printlover23
                  • Feb 2017

Void this message (dont know how to delete)
                  Last edited by Printlover23; 17-08-2019, 01:19. Reason: I'm an idiot.

Comment

• JamesPopper
                    • Nov 2016

Actually it was my fault, I posted an incorrect link, it kicks non roled people

THIS one shall work

Comment

• wiselstorm
                      • Oct 2017

I'd go with Discord too.The only looners I'd follow on Facebook are video clip studios. Most groups on FB are splinter groups which are either mostly inactive.

Instagram has cool photos but that's about it.

VK has lots of looner content(reminder:there are a lot of stolen videos) but as said above it also has it's share of creeps which make the rest of us look weird and unappealing to female looner friends.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎