Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 7balloon
    • Dec 2018

Do They Know?

I sometimes wonder about the manufacturers of our wonderful fascinations. Just the economics of it. Do they know that, in essence they are making sex toys for us? Qualatex, Tufftex, I imagine, have no idea. They are too big and sell millions of balloons a day. I can't imagine that a change from 500 units to 3500 units in a year is a big difference.

But I wonder about Looner's balloons. Any of the GL series. I have shows pics of GL's to over a hundred people and none of them even imagined a balloon like that. So I know they aren't selling at Walmart. But I know I've bought a few in the last year or two. And I imagine a lot of us have, having seen videos with them.

And we all know balloons have a shelf life. So they can't store them for years. So the manufacturers have to retool the factory to make enough that will sell in the next year or so.

And I imagine that demand for any of the GLS has grown more than tenfold as the looner fetish grows in awareness.

So I figure they have to know who's buying these wonderful toys.

QUESTION TO OUR WONDERFUL SUPPLIERS? Do they know?

I'm just thinking that a forum like this is possibly an actual economic power. What if we had a place where we could preorder a specific balloon from a specific manufacturer. Like we all promised to get ten of them if they were priced $3.00 or less. I would probably snap up ten brazillian 30 long necks at the right price.

If we could promise an order of thousands, maybe we all could be guaranteed fresh latex at a discounted price.

QUESTION TO LOONERS: So someone start this. How many of what balloon, at what price, would you promise to preorder 25 of?
  • 7balloon
    • Dec 2018

Re: Do They Know?

I'm already breaking the rules, but I would order 15 GL's of any kind if they were under $3 a piece.

Comment

• 7balloon
      • Dec 2018

I would order 10 brazillian long necks if they were also less than $3.00 a piece.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
        Banned
        • Dec 2018

I would order any Qualatex 24" or 36" balloons, or any that were even bigger than that, if they were less than $3/£3 each.

Comment

• Loonorm
          • Mar 2019

I think that they might. I seem to recall an interview with the CEO (I think) from CATTEX Balloons on the blog done by ‘Maggie Berlooner’, on her LOONERS UNITED store. He realizes that there is a community of people who enjoy popping, or not, of balloons. Unfortunately, the interview is gone, but you might still be able to find it on LOONERS UNITED Facebook page.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
            Banned
            • Dec 2018

For reasons unknown, the interview has been deleted in full, from their site and their FB page.

Comment

• Harley
              • Jan 2016

To paraphrase a saying, "Everything's a sex toy if you're brave enough".
              I bet manufacturers of all kinds of objects are aware they might be used in interesting ways, and choose to leave that to the discretion of customers. Sexual practices are too much of a taboo to draw attention to in advertising or business talks.
              It's probably met with tacit approval - as it increases sales - but will rarely, if ever, be discussed or even acknowledged -thirty years after introducing their famous massage wand, Hitachi STILL asserted its sole intended use was for health care purposes, even though they were VERY well aware why it was and is a best seller.

Round balloons have been used as fake boobs practically from day one, and the phallic properties of the long ones should have been evident from the start. Plus, humanity as a whole has a reputation for trying to hump anything (in private, at least), so it'd take a big heap of ignorance to discount that possibilty.

That said, I'm not sure they keep too close tabs on the looner community as a whole- but probably noting which products are popular with which resellers: that is, party stores versus wholesalers advertising to fetishists, for example.
              Would be sound market research at least!

Comment

• Orzel
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by 7balloon
                Do they know that, in essence they are making sex toys for us?
                They do, at least the guys from Cattex.

Comment

• Jimmy22
                  Banned
                  • May 2017

Originally posted by BalloonBoyUK
                  I would order any Qualatex 24" or 36" balloons, or any that were even bigger than that, if they were less than $3/£3 each.
                  Amazon. £5.97 for 2 36" balloons, I buy them all the time from here. First 2 sellers are under £3 per balloon.

Comment

• wiselstorm
                    • Oct 2017

Course they do. It's their job to know their market.They aren't advertising loonerism in public yet though.
                    Last edited by wiselstorm; 28-06-2019, 10:43.

Comment

• Jimmy22
                      Banned
                      • May 2017

Yes they know, of course they do.

Comment

• scuba
                        • Jan 2017

Well i have written a reveiw on Cattex 'own webside explaining how i float on the GL1200 balloon.
                        And you can read it on their webside.
                        So i think that at least Cattex knows it

Comment

• Ximena
                          • Nov 2019

Danilo, part of the popular balloon factory CATTEX, answered LOONERS UNITED exclusive some questions, also related to the balloon fetish. THANK YOU Danilo!

Comment

• Asclepio
                            • Sep 2018

Well, recently have a small talk with tuftex owners on IG, asking about some deals on my country with distributors, and let me tell you they know about us (a lot).
                            Also they follow Balloons Ace or Jenny loons on IG so yeah, they know us, just prefer to keep it secret as many other balloon brands.
                            A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• balloons4life
                              • Mar 2016

After that discussion with tuftex owners, do you think they are ashamed of the fact people see their products like we do or do they accept it and are happy to be able to sell more balloons because of this fetish?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎