Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: LoonQuest 2 (new game)

Thanks, I’ve added more sounds to this one. Graphics are a bit better too. There’s lots more choices as well because you make your own character. In the last one you were following a set story with a pre made character from my stories. In this one, the character is who you make them to be. You can be an avid popper, phobic non popper, or somewhere in between. The ending will be different depending on your choices.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Bobywan
      • Sep 2012

Sounds fantastic! Any indication of a release date?

Comment

• wildheart
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Bobywan
        Sounds fantastic! Any indication of a release date?
        Not too much longer now. Just got to finish the three different endings and add a few secrets. Don’t want to set an exact date, just know it’s getting there. I’d say it’s 90% done.

Comment

• justasimpleusername
          Semi-popper
          • Jul 2018

I would be very happy if in LoonQuest2 there will be something simmilar to what Winter wanted to do in the basement. But with no escape .

Comment

• wildheart
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by justasimpleusername
            I would be very happy if in LoonQuest2 there will be something simmilar to what Winter wanted to do in the basement. But with no escape .
            Haven’t done the non popper ending yet. Could add something like this as one of the possible endings.

Comment

• Benga
              • Sep 2015

I don't want to make you do any more work, but my attempts to use a converter on my Mac to be able to play an .exe file have failed, sadly. I would be appreciative if you could design Mac versions of your Loonquest chapters / games 1 and 2. At your convenience, of course, and only if you want to. To speak in both a selfish and a selfless way, I think there will be value beyond just my own request for you to have your game(s) available on multiple platforms anyway.

Comment

• wildheart
                • Apr 2015

I can convert the second game for Mac pretty easily. Just need to change a few file formats before exporting. I can’t do the same for the first game though. It was made in an old engine and only exports as an .exe.
                It’s possible to export to iOS as well, but it requires a Mac. Also you have to compile it yourself or have a developer licence.

You can even make a html 5 version for webpages. I’ll probably just do windows and Mac though. Possibly Linux too, depending on how difficult it is.

Comment

• wildheart
                  • Apr 2015

Game is almost done. Just got to finish the last ending. It’s taken around 50 hours so far. I’ve just realised converting to Mac is easy. Don’t even have to do any work. It’s ios and Linux that are a bit harder.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Benga
                    I don't want to make you do any more work, but my attempts to use a converter on my Mac to be able to play an .exe file have failed, sadly. I would be appreciative if you could design Mac versions of your Loonquest chapters / games 1 and 2. At your convenience, of course, and only if you want to. To speak in both a selfish and a selfless way, I think there will be value beyond just my own request for you to have your game(s) available on multiple platforms anyway.
                    For future reference, the best bet for running Windows programs on Linux/Mac is usually WINE, which can be downloaded here.

Comment

• wildheart
                      • Apr 2015

Done! Main quest is now fully complete. I'll be adding side quests and extra secrets in future content patches. For now, enjoy what I've made.

Have fun!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qn...4BwOhYykEciFJq (windows download)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uk...GUxHTD0Furc46f (Mac download)

Windows users: open zip file and extract the contents to wherever you like and open the .exe file inside. As with my first game, windows may not like it because it's an exe without a publisher. Just click more info and allow it.

Mac users: Extract zip and open app file. This version is untested as I don't have a Mac on hand to test with.

Let me know if you discover a game breaking bug, and I'll hot fix it ASAP. Linux version may come soon if there's any demand for it.

Comment

• ChillinHaze
                        • Sep 2016

Didn't find anything game breaking but there are a few spots in which the walls ain't solid and you can walk through and over them. In the beach shop for example.

And I don't think it's intended that Myra is in your party from the very beginning of the game. Kinda a spoiler and breaking consistency, I guess.

Other than that I only found a typo in the non-popping ending where Myra inflates a balloon. In the text it says on "perpose" instead of on purpose.
                        I think it was when she is inflating that second long balloon.

Pretty neat so far, hope you'll add more fun content.

It's cool you tried to add inflatables too but it's noticeable that they ain't your thing given how fast they are done and over with compared to the other scenes.

Maybe you would do better with asking the writers on here who do inflatables if they could help out with doing scripts for scenes with them?
                        So you don't have to strain yourself.

Comment

• Sirprise
                          • Jan 2018

Great game! Somehow can’t save on Mac but I plays fast enough so it doesn’t matter.

Got popper ending first. Trying to go for the semi ending... not sure if I will get it.

Comment

• wildheart
                            • Apr 2015

Will get to fixing the bugs tonight. Thanks for reporting them. The wall one is easy, I obviously forgot to add collision. Don’t know why Myra is in the party from the start, I’ll double check the starting party. I added Myra later on, so it might have automatically added her.
                            I can do more with inflatables. I actually started playing with inflatables first, so I’m no stranger to them. Just need to add more graphics for them. They’re a little more difficult than balloons.

Don’t know why saving doesn’t work on Mac. Maybe the game doesn’t have write access. Hard to fix as I don’t own a Mac. Could always use google. Game engine is RPG maker mv. Could be a known issue.

Thanks for trying my game. I’ll be sure to add more. Next update will be lots of side quests that you can start in any order, and hidden secrets and items you can find.

Comment

• wildheart
                              • Apr 2015

Bugs are squashed. That didn’t take long. Let me know if you discover any more. Updated versions have the same link as before. Backup your save before updating if you want the same character.

Comment

• ChillinHaze
                                • Sep 2016

Had a quick look around and didn't find anything else. ^^

If you need refs or so for adding other inflatables maybe we can help somehow?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎