Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heliumsitr68
    • Nov 2021

Big Shreds or Tiny Shards ??

Which do you prefer when popping and why ? S2P or B2P would be tiny shards. However , when doing either pin pop or cig pop of heliums I really love the big shreds still attached to the ribbon/string. I think it stems from an incident as a young boy ( 4-5 ) . I had gotten a large blue helium balloon from a local business . Up to that point , the balloons I'd had that popped usually popped in such a manner that all I found was the knot and a piece or 2 scattered around . I remember running around all thru the house with my balloon . I ran into the family room and stopped in the middle of the room and was greeted by a loud BANG ! All I remember was seeing the ribbon with a really long blue shred just fluttering to the floor . I just layed there on the floor and cried ! Looking back , I'd assume the textured ceiling was what killed my beloved balloon . Furthermore , I'd guess that that trauma is what morphed into the intense arousal i get when pin/cig popping helium balloons now.

Recently , I had a cig pop session with a nice bunch of about 18 -11" & 16" heliums . I got really aroused just filling them . Only a few balloons into the popping session , I had a necked out crystal red 11" TufTex pop into about a 16-18" shred and flutter to the ground . I got off instantly !
    Popper ! I love helium balloons

Re: Big Shreds or Tiny Shards ??

That is a good question, I have never really thought about it to much. While I don't pop myself due to being extremely phobic seeing the shards is something that turns me on a lot. If a balloon is being b2p'd the I really prefer just seeing it turn into a thousand small shards. If it is a helium balloon with a print for example I really like the bigger shards as I like being able to see parts of the print, it just reminds me off how beautiful the balloon was when it was still around and how beautiful it still is when its said it's goodbyes with a very loud BANG.

Comment

• wildheart
      • Apr 2015

I like the long stringy shards you sometimes get with a b2p. Tiny shards are fun until its time to clean up.
      How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
      My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• heliumsitr68
        • Nov 2021

I agree that cleaning up the tiny shrapnel sucks ! I did a mass sit pop session a while back and was shocked at the mess ! It took over an hour to clean up. 2 weeks later , I was still finding small fragments ! That being said , I have also had problems cleaning up large shreds . It was about a week after a large pop session that I noticed a large purple shred hanging off one of the blades of my ceiling fan ! OOPS !
        Popper ! I love helium balloons

Comment

• Common Loon
          • Aug 2020

Tiny shards are more exciting to me because it reflects how high the pressure was inside the balloon when it burst. Either because it was a smaller balloon, or because it was being pumped or blown to pop... it means the bang was especially violent

Once or twice I've come across a stringy "octopus"-like shred of a balloon out in public (once it was in a remote part of a state park). You know, the kind that only happens if you're B2Ping the balloon? Those were really fun to find randomly and imagine what must have happened!

Comment

• loonlun
            • Mar 2021

All popped balloon shreds are great so it's hard to say which I like more. I like when the knot is all that's left and just shreds are what I've got, or when there's a long piece coming off the knot. I'm a little disappointed when the popped balloon is like two or three big pieces and that's it.

Comment

• srob2
              • Dec 2017

The more the better, except for clean up. Similar to the octopus, I love seeing ribbons - some balloons burst into random confetti, but ribbons and strings are more fun and easier to clean up.

A girl with a burst balloon in her mouth is one of the biggest turn ons for me, and having a bunch of stringy pieces is better than a mostly whole balloon or just a tiny ring.

Comment

• Casey88
                lukmanrewa
                • Jun 2012

tiny shards of course !

I tend to get disappointed if I pop a balloon and it only comes out to like 2-3 pieces of shards

Comment

• Kbeecher
                  • Jan 2018

I love videos in which a woman shows off, teases, and stretches/snaps the pieces of the balloon she has just burst (especially after a B2P). The more shreds the better!

Comment

• seattlelurker
                    • Oct 2017

Reading through the comments, it seems like we're actually discussing three different outcomes here:

- Large shreds (let's call 'em "scraps" for the sake of separating terms), as after a cigarette pop, pin pop, or some squeeze or sit pops. The balloon may pop into a smaller number (2-10?) of large flappy pieces.

- Long stringy shreds or ribbons (aka "the octopus") as when certain balloons are blown to pop (and some tight squeeze or sit pops). This usually happens (in my experience) with certain slightly softer balloon brands (larger Tuftex, Belbal, Sempertex) or balloons popped on a second or third inflation. A bunchy, stringy clump of longer shreds that usually stays together, and if you are lucky, may "star" out from one particular point. The neck of the balloon usually has some long "tendrils" left on it as well.

- Tiny little shards (aka "confetti"). This is what happens when very tight balloons pop, especially "harder" balloon brands and smaller balloons blown to pop on a first inflation. Indicates the highest internal pressures. I find that this often leaves a very small neck with a very flat "cut off", not so stringy... almost like the whole bulb "vaporizes" into tiny confetti shards right off of the high stress point at the neck transition.

Now onto the actual question asked, I am a huge fan of long stringy shreds! My experience is that it's an indicator of a large balloon popped on a second or third inflation, and thus made as large as possible. I love Tuftex 24's, and they'll get HUGE on a second inflation to popping (there's another thread about that here) and blown to burst this way will almost always leave a clumpy octopus of very long shreds. I'll you're really lucky, this will fly across the room and land on another balloon, or piece of furniture, or stick to the wall, and you can admire your handiwork.

I understand how looking at your latex remnants (of whatever style you prefer) can be exciting, especially when the remaining scraps tell you how the balloon was popped... it can bring back memories, or make you think of popping more balloons in the same way.

I also agree with the above poster who mentioned that they love seeing girls play with the remnants of the balloon they just popped. There's a Studio Fuusen video (I believe with the models in Spider Gwen cosplay) pump popping large balloons, and they have fun playing with the shreddy neck that comes off of the pump. It's great.

Comment

• aron_crow
                      • May 2020

I still find shards of some pump pops I did long ago, small shards are a mess, they go in places you wouldn't imagine. Long, big shards are the best and I feel they come up in pin pops mostly as the latex is not stretched to its maximum.

Comment

• Loonatic
                        Balloons + Feet
                        • Apr 2016

I'm a fan of the octopus and confetti pops. Especially when I'm inflating to pop (haven't gotten brave enough yet to really B2P all too much to experience the shredding) and get to watch the confetti rain back down on my body or the octopus shreds stick to the wall haha. I have sat pop a huge white loon that I didn't know the type and, once it exploded, it sent white confetti shreds everywhere that made it look like it was snowing. Loved that so much haha.

I agree they suck for cleanup though lol portable shop vac to the rescue

Comment

• Alladin
                          • Jan 2022

Big shreds still wet for condensation are veru exciting. On opposite, I hate those very tiny pieces caused by metallic balloon popping.

Comment

• RubberTech
                            • Jan 2022

Both!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• RubberTech
                              • Jan 2022

I bought these 72" red balloons from China and when they pop they explode into literally thousands of small shards kind of like some weather balloons do. I still find small red shards here and there in the living room!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎