X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seasider
    • Jan 2016

Freebie/giveaway balloons

Hi all

So today we've been to a truck festival in south west England and there were balloons everywhere. Even on entry 3 ladies were handing out helium filled balloons to literally everyone. I grabbed 2 and deflated them and put them away. The first stand we went to was a Renault truck stand, inside their trailer the ceiling was filled with helium filled ones and I noticed a tank and massive bag of balloons by the step. I got 2 helium filled balloons nd tied them to the rucksack, I asked the man if it would be possible to take some of the uninflated ones and he said help yourself. I just plunged my hand in and grabbed As many as possible, and put them in a carrier bag my wife got from another stand. We ended up getting balloons from 6 or 7 different stands, I've just counted them up and including the Renault balloons I've come home with nearly 50 including 4 helium filled!! I've got 24 Renault balloons btw!!

These are a great way of getting balloons, literally every person visiting had at least one balloon, I saw one mum pushing a pram and she had 9 helium filled ones and could barely see where she was going!! I've attached a photo as I'm pretty happy with what I got (totally unexpected too!) printed balloons are the favourite part of my fetish!

Has anyone else had any successes recently getting hold of freebies from shows rtc?!
    Attached Files
  • Pink Balloon
    • Oct 2016

Re: Freebie/giveaway balloons

No, but I may have to go to a show like that now...

Comment

• Seasider
      • Jan 2016

I would recommend it, there was balloons everywhere and easily accessible uninflated too (if that's your sort of thing!!) some of the ones being handed out by the front gate were massively overinflated but I didn't hear any pops at all! Loads were floating away into the air and it get such a waste! And obviously bad for the environment. I do wonder how long it will be before heli balloons are banned at these sorts of events?

Comment

• Big Balloons!
        • Jul 2016

Damn, I need to start doing this. There's something more fun and special about getting balloons from an event, especially like that (and damn, I would've tried to get as many as possible!)

Comment

• Seasider
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Big Balloons!
          Damn, I need to start doing this. There's something more fun and special about getting balloons from an event, especially like that (and damn, I would've tried to get as many as possible!)
          I find it an amazing feeing getting balloons in this way. It's almost a sub part of my balloon fetish and I am on a seemingly endless mission to get as many different printed balloons as possible!! I never show any signs during the time but my mind races at the sight of freebie balloons in places like car showrooms/open days! We are going to loch fyne restaurant next week and I am hoping to get a load of balloons there, they giveaway bel all 12" with helium.

I also don't really blow to many of the prints up, I tend to keep them as a collection, today was great though!!

Comment

• Big Balloons!
            • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Seasider
            I find it an amazing feeing getting balloons in this way. It's almost a sub part of my balloon fetish and I am on a seemingly endless mission to get as many different printed balloons as possible!! I never show any signs during the time but my mind races at the sight of freebie balloons in places like car showrooms/open days! We are going to loch fyne restaurant next week and I am hoping to get a load of balloons there, they giveaway bel all 12" with helium.

I also don't really blow to many of the prints up, I tend to keep them as a collection, today was great though!!
            I think printed balloons are given out a lot more than normal too because they're just about always bought in bulk and might not use them all if it's a one day event - which is great for us looners!

Comment

• Seasider
              • Jan 2016

Agreed I have had a look at he Renault ones I got as they were in bags of 1000 already with the helium valve in place. They're quilted 11" from a printing company called b-loony. I have thought about contacting them to see if they sell misprints but haven't plucked up the courage yet!!

Comment

• Pink Balloon
                • Oct 2016

If you do let us have their number, I wanna find a good source of prints since for now all I have is asking Red Robins, Clares, and Marshells.

Comment

• Shaxx
                  • Jun 2017

What festival was this. South west England is my neck of the woods and I may have to make a visit next time it's on.

Comment

• Seasider
                    • Jan 2016

Hi Shaxx

It was the Wessex truck show near Yeovil. Went there as a family day and it was a good day with the added bonus of balloons everywhere!! I think it is held every year. All of these types of show tend to have balloons, this was the most I've seen for ages though!!

Comment

• Shaxx
                      • Jun 2017

Thanks I will kep an eye out for this next time it is on and any others in the area that are coming up!

Comment

• Seasider
                        • Jan 2016

If anyone is in the Peterborough area this weekend they have a truck festival at the Peterborough show ground. If it is anything like last year there will be freebie ballooons available at most of the stands, both helium filled and flat, I have never had a problem just getting them straight from the bag when I’ve asked!!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎