Old 14-12-2015, 06:24 AM

perchedontheloon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ever popped whilst family are at home?
Not on purpose, but yes. I, like Maria, had balloons around my room frequently but I tried (in vain) to keep them out of sight. I came home from a friends house and pulled a balloon out of my closet, I untied the knot and began to blow it up bigger. Then the balloon popped and almost immediately the hallway light turned on, my mother knocking on the door asking about that sound. I told her it was nothing, a balloon had just popped. All she said was "not at this hour" and went back to bed. I was sweating bullets!
Old 27-12-2018, 03:50 PM

stobarts is on a distinguished road
I blow up and burst my large balloons late at night when my dad is in bed asleep ,sometimes he hears the bangs and next morning he asks me what the bangs are so I make up an excuse to get out of it
Old 27-12-2018, 08:50 PM

Myra is on a distinguished road
No, never. I always make sure I'm alone before getting any balloons out. I'm really paranoid about picking up all the shards as well, just in case someone asks questions. I can't wait to get my own place.
Old 29-12-2018, 08:31 AM

Loon119 is on a distinguished road
Yeah several times we've had accidental pops. Her mother actually came to see what the bang was I quickly said I'd knocked an empty cup over. After that though she knew about my balloons so literally told her the truth😂other family members who have stopped for whatever reason have not mentioned it
Old 04-01-2019, 12:09 AM

lionlooner is on a distinguished road
Sometimes, both by accident and on purpose. It's given that it'll happen on accident; but sometimes when I'm going at it, the moment just feels too good not to waste, so it goes boom. Usually don't have problems, but I've been asked once or twice what a certain noise was. Can usually be explained away as something falling over tbh.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:35 AM

MetroBalloon is on a distinguished road
A few times previously, years ago.
Though I told my dad about my fetish so he knows, and busts balloons for me, so there you go.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:36 PM

Doggo is on a distinguished road
Only once as an accident. Had a mouse ear balloon that popped while blowing it up right before the ears inflated. It wasn't that loud but loud enough for my parents to ask me if I was ok. I just told them I dropped something in the bathroom!
Old 10-01-2019, 09:18 PM

BalloonBoyUK is on a distinguished road
Nope, never! When I used to live with my parents, all balloons and related stuff were carefully hidden away, so there was never a single trace of anything. Not even the smallest of shards of balloon would be discoverable.

Likewise, even though I live on my own now, and have my own place, my balloons are still kept away from prying eyes, with the exception of the arch in my living room, which I have the ready-made and perfectly acceptable excuse that "it was done for my birthday/Christmas", and people visiting will not question why a middle-aged, single male would have a balloon arch up.

Anything that is likely to raise questions, is not something anyone should have to deal with. If you live with parent(s)/family, they don't really want to have to enquire why they've discovered a popped balloon, and I'm sure most of you wouldn't want to have to explain to them why they've discovered one either!

Be careful out there!
Old 13-01-2019, 11:32 AM

Seasidelad is on a distinguished road
Not intentionally but had a few pop by accident due to being inflated to the max.
Old 15-01-2019, 07:13 AM
Passion for expansion

Biginflationist is on a distinguished road
Yes in fact just happened tonight. My first B2P ever!!

I bought a giant 7 foot balloon recently, although afraid of balloons, and have had fun inflating it in our basement away from our second story where my wife and son sleep, after they go to bed. I have a really quiet air compressor so not to be heard. I was naked with the ball, letting it inflate and not being rough. And it got to half full when it totally exploded with a BANG! Not sure what set it off? I thought I was dead and found out. But nothing. Everyone remains in bed still asleep.

I love inflation with beach balls and have always been afraid of balloons because of the unexpected pop. But it was so exhilarating tonight!