Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zhilman
    • Dec 2018

Cattex GL700 damage/defect safety

Hello guys. I've recently bought a GL700 cattex balloon from balloon ace. And I have noticed a damage (if it is caused by me) or defect (if it is there since I bought the balloon) seen as attached in the picture. The question now, is it safe for me to still cuddle and side hump the balloon? (I do not do the normal hump, as I'm very heavy). Please advise. Thank you!
    Attached Files
  • Blowitbig
    • Jan 2016

Re: Cattex GL700 damage/defect safety

Be careful, I've had balloons with similar defects and the balloon did bust on me
    The bigger the better

Comment

• loonerlee
      • Dec 2018

Looks familiar type of damage/defect to me. I once purchased 10 gl500s from deko balloon a couple years a go and all looked bad and very weak, but I blew them all up over time and honestly they seemed okay and lasted like a normal none defective balloon. But recently I too made a purchase from balloon ace and two of the balloons made by cattex have also had defects and on popped spontaneously due too a large window/weak spot, the other is blown up right now and seems okay.

Comment

• craggy2012
        • Jan 2012

I’ve noticed larger balloons are prone to weak spots and thin patches. Must be something to do with the dipping n mould process. I’ve only had one burst prematurely on me though, the others I got in first popping them.

Comment

• zhilman
          • Dec 2018

Thank you for the suggestions everyone!

Originally posted by onemoreblow
          Can maybe put a big piece of tape over it, or some latex or even rubber cement and maybe a small patch of balloon to help hold it together. Clean with alcohol first.
          If I don’t patch the balloon, is it still safe to be played? Or it will pop prematurely?

Comment

• Asclepio
            • Sep 2018

If you dont patch it, you can expect an unexpected pop, that looks like a real defect, not like the ones that doesnt affect the balloon.
            Unless you dont care about it popping prematurely, you need to patch it
            A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• Nopops4me
              • Jun 2015

The defect that's shown in zhilman's image looks like the grasping mechanism damaged the latex when pulling the balloon off the mould.
              Depplooner mentions defects that don't affect a balloon - what sort are they ?? Surely any defect weakens a balloon.

Comment

• zhilman
                • Dec 2018

Originally posted by DeppLooner
                If you dont patch it, you can expect an unexpected pop, that looks like a real defect, not like the ones that doesnt affect the balloon.
                Unless you dont care about it popping prematurely, you need to patch it
                Ohh okay thank you for the answer!

Comment

• Asclepio
                  • Sep 2018

I think you can say that there are 2 types of defects, the one you can see but are very tiny and if you touch them with your fingers you cant feel any change on the texture of the latex (those would be the ones that you can ignore cause the balloon is going to inflate like a normal one, usually it is only a paint defect), and the defect that you can touch and feel in the texture is the one that you should be worry about.
                  A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• Nopops4me
                    • Jun 2015

OK Depplooner, thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎