Old 20-10-2019, 12:56 PM

bubblesNdragons is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Larger balloons are more widely available
I think they're selling larger balloons for party decorators and maybe minute to win it game hosts.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:33 PM

stormbubble is on a distinguished road
I have checked at several WM stores and all 12 inch.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:28 PM

john1bl is on a distinguished road
Not all Walmart's have the 17"ers. They have to be one of the larger stores to have them. Just remember there are several sizes of super centers.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:08 PM

Loonorm is on a distinguished road
I have also found not all ‘Wally’s World’ stores sell the 17” or 36” balloons. Go to their website and type in what you’re looking for. Enter your ZIP CODE, and it will direct you to the stores where they are stocked. It has saved me a lot of unnecessary driving.
Old 13-11-2019, 05:54 AM

PBK is on a distinguished road
In the Houston, TX, Washington State, Idaho and Montana areas, I have seen the 17" and 36" widely available in a variety of colors at Walmart. Up here in Canada, not so much. At least not in the Calgary area.
Here in Canada we have a national discount store chain called Dollarama and they have giant (I think 36"..?) paddle shaped balloons made in China for $1.50. They are amazingly durable and I've had them inflated to well over 4' and they form a nice pear shape with a long neck when pushed to their limits. They remain surprisingly soft. Up until recently they had a smiley face print. Now all I see are the plain ones. Either way, an amazing balloon for $1.50.
Michaels has large paddle balloons in a variety of colors but they are somewhat more expensive and I think they're also of Chinese manufacture. They also blow up to an enormous size and form a nice pear shape and take a lot of abuse. My personal favorite color of the Michaels giants is white. It seems to be the most durable of them all. Individual experiences vary.
Then of course we have the Party City 24's in a whole range of colors. They blow up almost perfectly round with hardly a neck to speak of. They are very durable and are quickly becoming one of my favorite balloons.
Old 28-11-2019, 08:57 AM

frankfrank is on a distinguished road
I've run into some "neckier" 24s at Party City which are not as durable. Not sure what the deal is.

As for the 36 inchers at Walmart, I've never seen any of those, and I've been in at least 20 Walmarts. I haven't seen the 17s recently, but maybe those are currently rotated out of stock until Christmas season is over.
Old 28-11-2019, 02:50 PM

BalloonBoyUK is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by frankfrank View Post
I've run into some "neckier" 24s at Party City which are not as durable. Not sure what the deal is.
I would presume that they're cheaper, unbranded 24" balloons, hence why they're not as durable as, say, a Qualatex or Cattex 24" one might be. Generally-speaking, stores try to get away with using unbranded balloons, to maintain their profits, which is a real nuisance for those who like to have our balloon puchases last longer than a day or two.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:46 AM

frankfrank is on a distinguished road
I've found that if I stick to the "no-neck" balloons from Party City, they're still the good ones which can take a lot of abuse, and riding/bouncing.