Old 04-11-2019, 08:01 PM

LoonerPlanet is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Your accidental pops
I have had lots of accidental pops over the years. Usually, it is because I inflate balloons more than once and I like to push the size. I've also had accidental pops with under inflated balloons on first inflation.

The loudest that I remember was a very large 24" TT that went with a thunderous boom. I wasn't in the room at the time, but it clearly had drifted off the bed and popped on the floor. Echoed throughout the house. Interestingly, the last balloon that accidentally popped was also a 24" TT. I had just added a breathe or two to keep it tight, put the clip back on, and let it float down into a box. It went as soon as it hit the box.

Accidental pops used to freak me out. I would deflate any balloons that I had inflated and take a few days to recover. These days, I may jump a bit, but then shrug it off and inflate another one to replace the lost balloon. You can't have too many tight balloons.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:09 PM

palloncino90 is on a distinguished road
Good afternoon fellow looners,
I read all your story and, trust me, it's a mix of curiosity and excitement although I'm afraid of accidental pops.

LoonerPlanet
Quote:
the last balloon that accidentally popped was also a 24" TT. I had just added a breathe or two to keep it tight, put the clip back on, and let it float down into a box. It went as soon as it hit the box
So this is the scariest scenario for me. I'm terrified when I leave the balloon after the inflation for the first seconds. The fear goes away after few minutes and when I start to interact with the balloon.
I guess that that's the scariest thing for me because I remember, in my childhood, that the most balloons popped around me were free tight balloons on the floor or wherever, less than blow to pop or whatever did by other people.

Last edited by palloncino90; 06-11-2019 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Typing errors
Old 07-11-2019, 06:53 AM

BeNasty is on a distinguished road
I had filled my doll three times. The fourth time I over filled the head. It popped. I was pretty sad. It was one of my first loons. And I didn't have any shape balloons as backup.
Lesson learned: order two of each to avoid sadness and regret.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:59 PM

LoonerPlanet is on a distinguished road
@Pallocino90: I understand your worry about trusting a newly inflated balloon. Most of the balloons that have popped on me were old and/or inflated multiple times. Stick with fresh balloons. And, if put down a blanket on the floor, it will protect the balloon from random sharp objects.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:46 PM

Balloon_Aficionado is on a distinguished road
My worst accidental pops weren't even my pops. My wife on a couple occasions has accidentally popped balloons when I didn't expect or want them to be, and I reacted with frustration. Definitely not the reaction you want to express if you're trying to encourage them to participate in balloon play.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:29 PM

palloncino90 is on a distinguished road
@Balloon_Aficionado
How did she pop them? Either with nails, overinflating or?
My girl accidentally popped a balloon whit her nails while grabbing it to the bed. It wasn't what I expect but it may happens eheheh.

@LoonerPlanet
Yeah, I always avoid to leave balloons on the floor or wherever if I'm not sure that the surface is clean xD

@BeNasty
Was it an inflatable or a balloon with that shape? If it was a balloon I'm curious to see.
Old 16-11-2019, 05:57 AM

Tookus is on a distinguished road
I backed into a lamp that didn't have a shade on it, it fell on a sensuous, pristine 38 year old Intex air mattress, and burned a hole in it.
Old 16-11-2019, 10:59 AM

Seidenki is on a distinguished road
I've had a number of accidental pops. But one of the most memorable was a Q24. First one I ever got - I think I ordered it by accident, not realizing what it was! (I know - how on earth could I do that!) A balloon necking well before it was full size was something new.

For some reason, I didn't leave it inflated, and let it down again. Unfortunately, it developed a pinhole on the neck. Second inflation this pinhole opened and I heard air whistling out. Curious, I put my finger on the hole. *BANG*
Old 20-11-2019, 08:15 AM

Fuusen is on a distinguished road
I had some accidental pops with cheap metallic balloons, heart balloons and... some balloons that were preinflated a bit too many times.
My reaction was always very relaxed, and that surprised me :-)
Old 23-11-2019, 06:28 AM

JosAra is on a distinguished road
I was liking and kissing one of the larger ones when to my surprise, a stray hair from my beard (not shaved in three or four days, so barelly perceptible, yet alredy growing back up) popped it, I didnīt think those things could happen, but a hair turns out to be sharp enough to pop a balloon, and eventually I found out even human skin! I was cleaning my razor when I felt a nasty pinch, thought I had cutted myself, nope, to my surprise I had a hair from my own beard right there like a needle in my thumb.

Needless to say, every day afterwards I shave before I start