Old 09-01-2019, 05:23 PM

Nittox is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: A Short, Polite Message To All The Hetero Men Of This Forum!
Originally Posted by Vicci View Post
Tempted to install the "Like" plugin on the forum, just so I can like your post
That would be awesome to have a like function *like*

the pun couldnt be resisted :P
Old 09-01-2019, 05:43 PM

Nittox is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Short, Polite Message To All The Hetero Men Of This Forum!
Originally Posted by BalloonBoyUK View Post
Just a polite request to ALL the single, male, heterosexual looners: please DON'T descend on the female looners who join-up here!

Let the ladies get used to the forum, and the members, and the group as a whole.

Some of the ladies who join, are in relationships. Some are gay women. And some are only here because they love balloons, but aren't seeking a relationship at all.

Please don't start instant messaging them, wanting to know everything about them, and trying to be overly-friendly. I know many of you men want to meet a lady who is into balloons, but by descending onto the very few who join our group, it can become creepy, and oppressive!

Please give them some breathing space!

(And yes, I count myself amongst the men also seeking a female looner. So this message equally applies to myself.)

Thanking You all, in advance!
Quoted for truth
Old 09-01-2019, 07:08 PM

drumrd is on a distinguished road
I should say, make this topic a sticky.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:59 PM

WannabePopper is on a distinguished road
1000% Agree with this message.

I would also add a word of caution for real-life interactions with your desired gender of preference. Although it certainly seems tempting, I recommend you do not try to enter into or remain in a relationship SOLELY based on the other person's enthusiasm or ability regarding the balloon fetish, or any fetish for that matter.

It seems like a total fantasy to many to have partner who is throughly engaged in your balloon fetish, but in truth a relationship needs to be built on MUCH more than that. It's hard for us to "think outside the balloon fetish" sometimes.

Speaking from personal experience here.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:05 PM

marja is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WannabePopper View Post
1000% Agree with this message.

I would also add a word of caution for real-life interactions with your desired gender of preference. Although it certainly seems tempting, I recommend you do not try to enter into or remain in a relationship SOLELY based on the other person's enthusiasm or ability regarding the balloon fetish, or any fetish for that matter.

It seems like a total fantasy to many to have partner who is throughly engaged in your balloon fetish, but in truth a relationship needs to be built on MUCH more than that. It's hard for us to "think outside the balloon fetish" sometimes.

Speaking from personal experience here.
I also agree with the starting message.

But your reply is also very valuable. Life is much more than just your love for balloons.

On the dating part I can add something. In the past I had certain "requirements" for men or women who could be possible dating candidates. Once I sat down next to a girl, who I knew already for years and whom I couldn't stand out. She couldn't stand me out either way. But for this one night we had a really good talk and afterwards I realize she met all my requirements! But there was no chance I would ever want to date her!
It made me realize that my requirements were stupid. Actually that requirements in general don't make sense. You just need to have the right feeling with someone.
So if someone on this forum has the requirement that his/her partner should be a looner, he's wrong. There's no reason a relationship based only on a shared sexual interest would work. A participating partner should be more than enough! Or perhaps you could even settle with an "accepting" partner. Life isn't perfect and your potential partner also isn't!
Old 09-01-2019, 09:15 PM

BalloonBoyUK is on a distinguished road
It's been heartening to see so many people being so accepting of my initial post here.

As a newbie, I was actually worried, that people would get all -pardon the phrase - pissy and/or dickish about it! So, I'm really chuffed that thus far, no one's complained or accused me of being sexist, bigoted, etc, etc.

Thank You everyone.

For those who wanted to know why I posted it, there are two reasons:
1) I noticed that several new ladies appeared to have joined over the past month, and were introducing themselves on the Forum. Sadly, when looking at their profile pages, I noticed several had messages from men who were wanting "more information". Jeez!

2) On a well-known balloon-fetish-content Facebook page, produced and run by a lady into our fetish, one of the men decided to post the comment "Nice tits"!

When I asked him to be politer, he replied in Spanish, with a message telling me that if I didn't like what he posted, I could go screw myself. (Actually, he used far more grotesque language than that, but I'm sure you get my drift!)

That message, my comment, and his response to my comment, still remains on the Facebook page, for everyone to see, and no one seems to care that he's written what he has about the lady in question.

Thus, I posted what I did, as a polite remainder to all the men. I know most men AREN'T (I hope) like this, but I still think it needs to be reiterated nonetheless.

Cheers, everyone!

Last edited by BalloonBoyUK; 09-01-2019 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Spellings and layout issues.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:57 AM

Tracy is on a distinguished road
It has been quite a while since I used "transgender woman" to identify myself in any group. These days I just make do with "woman" and the world seems ok with that. But in this forum (and on the balloonbuddies list and a couple other places) I keep the "transgender" in there specifically to keep the sharks at bay.

It works. [where's a vomit emoji when you need it?]

That is a whole other issue... But that would totally derail this thread - which is a valuable public service announcement that this is not a meat market and should emphatically NOT be an unsafe space for women!

Last edited by Tracy; 10-01-2019 at 02:59 AM.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:11 PM

Hi Tracy,

For me, it shouldn't make a difference if someone is a transgender woman, a heterosexual woman, or a gay woman. If you identify as a woman, then the single men of the group need to realise that - as you say - that this isn't a meat market, nor a dating site, and need to treat ALL women with the same respect and courtesy.

No one, should be "pounced upon" by a man, the second they join a site, purely because of their gender.

Folks, I know most men (I hope) aren't like that, but the Internet being what it is, sometimes it's necessary to remind all men, that pouncing up on any women, is NOT going to be seen as a positive. Moreso, is if your post is - as I have already seen online on here and other forums/fetish sites - pretty brutal and intense!

Messaging any woman, by saying "Hi, I'm X, and I'm single and looking for a lady into balloons" is NOT the way to approach women, nor anyone for that matter! It smacks of desperation, and sadness.

Look, I know many of you - of any gender - want to meet that special someone, with whom you can share your love for balloons with. There's nothing wrong with that. We are all, after all, only human, and most of us want to meet that special someone. I do too! I'm also a heterosexual man, who would do anything to meet someone who liked balloons even a tiny bit. So, I say this as one of you!

But please, for the love of all that is holy, don't pounce on people. You may have noble and decent intentions. You may believe that you're only "introducing" or "announcing" yourself. You may even say "I'm only trying to be friendly", but gents, trust me! Women know that this isn't you "just trying to be friendly". It's a not-very-subtle way of saying "I'm keen to be doing things with you, and to you, that aren't family-friendly"! LOL

Seriously, dial it back/down!

Stop pouncing!

Introduce yourself on the Forum itself, NOT via Private Messages, unless the lady concerned has specifically said she is happy for you to message her.

Essentially, treat these women with respect! Don't all be desperate so-and-so's! Women are not here to stroke your ego's, do things with balloons for you, or anything else. They are human beings too, not faceless nobodies! There are real people behind your computer screens, each with families, friends and lives.

Please, please, please realise this! It's 2019, not 1919! Women are NOT property, or chattel!

Okay, lesson over-and-done-with... honest.

Last edited by BalloonBoyUK; 10-01-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:24 PM

WannabePopper is on a distinguished road
Yep. Let's save "pouncing" for on balloons only.
Old 29-01-2019, 04:00 PM

Thanks to Vicci for making this a Sticky Thread! Cheers!