Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Asclepio
    • Sep 2018

Tilco balloons

Ok, so let me introduce myself and the reason of my post. Im deppLooner, a Looner from Mexico, to be more specific Guadalajara City, so Im always looking for new balloon stores near my home, since Globos Payaso AKA Unique balloons factory is located in my city it is really easy to find almost all kind of balloons from them in my local stores. Ok, so I will continue, usually i find the 2 dominant brands here in Mexico, Unique and Qualatex, but today I find something very very very interesting. A balloon factory called Tilco Balloons, yes Im talking 100% true, do you remember the old Tilco balloons?? Well it appears that the factory is located in my city and they still produces the models we love, 17¨36¨40¨and the huge 72¨model.
    So tomorrow I will buy 200 balloons from 17¨models and 10 40¨and just 1 from the 72¨and I will keep you updated about what do i get.
    By now there is an image they send me of a 17¨loon, obviously they are not looters so the balloon is pretty under inflated, tomorrow I will post the results of overtiflated 17¨models from Tilco balloons factory.
    A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.
  • Asclepio
    • Sep 2018

Re: Tilco balloons

Here it is, 17¨model under inflated because it is not mine, just wait till tomorrow when i have them between my hands hehehehe
    By the way here is a link to the web page.
    Attached Files
    A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• PBK
      • Mar 2019

Very interesting.
      First I've heard of this.
      I fondly remember the original Tilco/Prestige balloons that were manufactured in Canada. They were the balloon of my childhood when I just played with balloons and of my early teen years when I was "discovering" my balloon "thing".
      I remember their 40" and 72" rounds very well. I had many of them and remember the day when my favorite party store stopped carrying the Tilco giants and switched to Qualatex citing supply problems. I also ordered plenty from KBI when they stocked them. I wish I'd have appreciated them more. You truly don't know what you have until it's gone.
      The first balloon I had "fun" with in my early teens was a yellow 40" Tilco.
      The target balloons we shot at when I was in Basic Military Qualification (boot camp) in the early 2000's were dark green 4 foot tall head and body "doll" balloons that were made in Quebec by the old Tilco. We had to blow them up ourselves right on the firing line. We were given 5 each and had to account for each and every one of them at the end of the shoot.
      Sadly, Tilco/Prestige went out of business in the mid 2000's. Not sure the exact date. I just remember when they started getting harder to find in retail stores, Kaboom sold out and dropped their line, and people on Champagne and Balloons were saying they went out of business.
      In 2009 I bought a 10 lb bag of Tilco "factory seconds" from a fellow out in Toronto that had a website and sold them by the pound, 5 pound or 10 pound lots of mixed colors and quantities of 40" and 72" Tilcos. Duchampbell or something was what he went as online. I think I still have some of those wonderful balloons somewhere. Although, I'm sure they're hard and unusable by now.
      Tilco/Prestige balloons had a feel and a smell to them that was completely unlike any other brand of balloons I've seen or experienced. If this company truly replicates these balloons I would put my money where my mouth is and order a large quantity to satisfy minimum ordering requirements.

Comment

• Asclepio
        • Sep 2018

I talked with them few hours ago, now I can confirm it, they are the same Tilco from Canada, they just moved to Mexico because the factory is from owners from Mexico and some others from Canada, lets see tomorrow the quality of their balloons.

Comment

• palloncino90
          • Jan 2018

Curious to see the balloons!
          I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• Whoopsapopperlips
            • Jan 2019

Would love to get my hands (and lips and, ahem, maybe other body parts) on some of those 40 inchers again.
            Seem to recall they also made a 54 inch (or there abouts).
            Picked up a whole boxful of 72 inchers from the same guy in Toronto, back in 2007 or 2008. Paid $20 and got something like 30 of them (rated as factory seconds, but most still well exceeded 7 feet- most just outgrew even the largest room in my house).
            Now if only we could get these back up to the Great White North again...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎