Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

LoonQuest 2 (new game)

I’m currently working on my new game. It’s going to be similar to the first one I made, but with updated graphics and a new game engine. I’m making the world and characters at the moment. This time there is a map, so should be easier to navigate. I haven’t quite got a story in mind. Not sure if I want to make a linear story (like a interactive book) or have you choose your own ending by the choices you make. Let me know what you’d prefer. The characters are completely new unlike the last one. You even get to choose your characters name. It’s set dynamically so the npc’s call you by your chosen name. Let me know if you have any ideas. This one should have a proper ending. The last one I had to cut short because of technical difficulties. (Old engine didn’t like how large the audio files were. New one should be fine)
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com
  • Ilooner
    • Oct 2018

Re: LoonQuest 2 (new game)

Sounds cool!
    I am thinking of "the Stanley parable" but with balloons

Comment

• Steebs
      • Sep 2018

I would say try your best to cater towards poppers and non-poppers.
      the only thing your first one lacked really was animations for inflation. the balloons all just appeared everywhere with sound effects.
      also as many variations as you can for the sound effects of balloons will be a huge boon for the game

Comment

• wildheart
        • Apr 2015

Definitely thinking about added more choices. Should be able to play the entire game without any popping if you do choose. That’s the good thing about having your own character. I’ll look into animations. Don’t know how easy they’ll be to implement.
        Going to add more sound effects. That was my favourite part with the first game.

Comment

• wildheart
          • Apr 2015

Game is going well so far. It’s already longer than the first. I especially love the dialogue in this one. You see the characters face when they talk. It adds a lot to the conversations. Tried some animations, still needs some work though. There’s a lot more choices this time too. Just need more adventures, sounds and a few mini games now.

Comment

• ALittleFallOfRain5
            • Jan 2019

Are you going to add other inflatables? I know it is specifically called LoonQuest2 but I was just curious.

Comment

• wildheart
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ALittleFallOfRain5
              Are you going to add other inflatables? I know it is specifically called LoonQuest2 but I was just curious.
              Yes, I can. Might have a few beachballs or something in it. Just have to do the graphics for them.

Comment

• sonarloon
                • Jun 2017

Heya,
                If your up for it, I'd be willing to help you with sounds. I'm a sound designer and would love to see where this could go.
                Your free to send me an email or I could subscribe to this topic, which ever is easiest for you.
                Have a good day!

Comment

• wildheart
                  • Apr 2015

Game is almost finished. I’m just working on the ending. There’s going to be three depending on certain choices throughout the game. A popper ending, one for semi poppers and a non popper ending. They’re all going to be completely different, so there’s a bit of replayabilty. Most choices throughout the game just change a bit of dialogue, or effect just the current event. But there’s a few that’ll lead to completely different outcomes. You’ll know because I’ll mark the choice with a *

I’ll probably add some secrets and after game events as well, maybe a few side quests that can be done at any point in the game. I much prefer this game to my first one and I hope everyone will enjoy it. I may do more at some point. An expansion isn’t out of the question. Could have a whole new story in the same world or something. Perhaps with different characters. I’m thinking you could play as one of the characters you meet in the main game. We’ll see how it goes. Screenshots coming soon.

Comment

• Cho
                    • Mar 2019

Heyy
                    That game sounds quite interisting. I have some experience with game making and have thought about making a balloon-related game as well. But first I wanted to do some other smaller projects.
                    What game engine/language do you use for your game?

Comment

• wildheart
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Cho
                      Heyy
                      That game sounds quite interisting. I have some experience with game making and have thought about making a balloon-related game as well. But first I wanted to do some other smaller projects.
                      What game engine/language do you use for your game?
                      I’m using RPG maker mv for this game. It’s pretty simple, but you can script more complicated game mechanics as well. I’ve scripted a few mini games so far, but it’s mostly story based.

I made a simple blow to pop simulator for VR once, using a modified version of source 2, using lua scripts. I had to learn everything from scratch. I recommend doing something similar to start with. Keep it simple and go from there. If you intend to make a 3D game, and want 3D models, let me know. I’m not the best designer in the world, but I can do a bit.

This game is a 2d RPG type game if you’re wondering. Nothing groundbreaking, but should be pretty fun.

Comment

• wildheart
                        • Apr 2015

Just wondering, is there anyone who wants to play this that doesn’t have a windows computer? I can convert the game to work on Mac, Android, or Linux too, but it’s a little more complicated. I’ll happily do it if anyone wants me too.

Comment

• Cho
                          • Mar 2019

For my first game that I made (a Pokemon Fangame) I used RPG Maker as well. But I think I used XP. But I changed to Unity, because I was very limited on the RPG genre.

But anyway I'm looking forward to play your game once you are done.

Comment

• wildheart
                            • Apr 2015

A few screenshots.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Bobywan
                              • Sep 2012

I just discovered your first game and played it -- it was awesome! The sound effects really made a huge difference. Can't wait for number 2

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎