Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PBK
    • Mar 2019

Classic giant beachballs

Is it me, or is it incredibly difficult to find classic 6 panel 48" beachballs for sale anywhere anymore?? I know Intex discontinued their classic 6 panel 48" beachball (of which I have a precious few) in the early 2000's or so but it seems like nobody is making beachballs in this style. Beachballs-dot-com hasn't had any in forever and none of the major big box stores that sell toys in my area carry them.
    I wish Intex would start making them again but someone on the inside told me Intex isn't even making 48" beachballs anymore, they switched to 42" as their "jumbo" size now.
  • craggy2012
    • Jan 2012

Re: Classic giant beachballs

Intex did recently do a 72 incher again though and if you search on Amazon for a Champion Sports Beach Ball you’ll find proper old school classic six colour style 48 inch beach balls- at a price though. They’re reasonably priced but for shipping

Comment

• ALittleFallOfRain5
      • Jan 2019

Its easy to find the classic Jumbo sized beach balls on Ebay. Though this can easily get expensive with prices in the hundreds for some.

Comment

• PBK
        • Mar 2019

Originally posted by ALittleFallOfRain5
        Its easy to find the classic Jumbo sized beach balls on Ebay. Though this can easily get expensive with prices in the hundreds for some.
        Yes, and that's my dilemma. Gone are the days when classic Intex "Wet Set" 48"ers were $5.99 Canadian at the local Toys R Us or K-Mart. Man...if only I had a time machine....I'd go back and clear out every store within 100 miles.
        The larger beach balls available at local stores now are 42" and are patterns that are OK, but not the classic 48" 6 panel white and alternating colors anyone 30 or over grew up with.
        Last edited by PBK; 08-03-2019, 19:21.

Comment

• craggy2012
          • Jan 2012

I kept getting outbid on FleeBay on those 80’s n early 90’s era Intex Jumbo beach balls, but still ended up with four after the winning bidder backed out of the auction afterwards n the seller offering me to buy each one afterwards!

All in I’ve still got about ten or so of these four colour beach balls but I bet I’ve popped my way through a good hundred of them since the late 80’s!

Comment

• Vicci
            Blown to bits
            • Oct 2009

I may be able to get hold of some 60" 6 panel balls (pink, white, yellow, white, blue, white) in a glossy finish if anyone's interested? They'll be about £20 each (plus shipping) though.
            Vicci x

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
              • May 2017

I posted that beachballs.com also make custom balls, but deleted the message after realising that their new minimal order requirements have now increased from 20 units to 50 units.

Comment

• Vicci
                Blown to bits
                • Oct 2009

These are the ones I can get:

They have quick fill valves at both ends (it's a valve within a valve - pull out the first plug and it's a one-way valve, pull out the inner plug and it's free-flowing) and that one measures 72" from valve to valve and it's only just got rid of the wrinkles so no way over-inflated (not sure where they get the 60" measurement from!)

If anyone wants any, let me know!
                Vicci x

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                  • May 2017

Thanx vicci, I'm sure some will be interested. Just find inflatables with warning messages a complete visual turn off.

Comment

• craggy2012
                    • Jan 2012

Hmmmm...... I’ve gotta agree on those modern warning labels. They’re total overkill now...... though I do like the pictogram style ones if they’re kept small on an item- not plastered all over the entire side of something.

Comment

• Vicci
                      Blown to bits
                      • Oct 2009

That photo makes it look worse than it is, I've seen worse:

However, if you really don't like them, just remove them

Vicci x

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡