Balloon Buddies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balloon Buddies

Can anyone tell my what Balloon Buddies is.
    is it a club or a mailing list
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: Balloon Buddies

It’s an email mailing list that’s been going on for longer than I’ve been alive. I’m pretty sure it started as a physical mail thing before the internet. Buster can tell you more, he comes on here from time to time.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• BusterBill
      Founder, Balloon Buddies
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by MNBalloon2
      Can anyone tell my what Balloon Buddies is.
      is it a club or a mailing list
      The Balloon Buddies is an old school mailing list that's been around for many years. There are two lists, actually. One for hetero looners (the BuddyList) and one for bi/gay looners (the BuddyMen list). You can join up easily enough by visiting balloonbuddies.com and clicking on the JOIN link.
      Historically, the Balloon Buddies was a penpal club that existed 20 years before the Internet. When the Internet was invented, that made it much easier for us to find each other and to correspond and/or meet up. In the pre-Internet days various members of the Balloon Buddies would hold group gatherings --looners who were up for it could attend a get together and hang for a long weekend with like-minded folks. Unfortunately those gatherings no longer occur.
      While the Balloon Buddies continues to keep on truckin', it bears little resemblance today to the what it was in its glory days -- it has become a mere shadow of its original incarnation. But nonetheless you might find it worthwhile to check out.

Comment

• Creeperlooner
        • Jan 2020

Hi just received the moderator aproval from Buddylist, send and email to buddylist@balloonbuddies.com but nothing. I the list still active?

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
          Banned
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Creeperlooner
          Hi just received the moderator aproval from Buddylist, send and email to buddylist@balloonbuddies.com but nothing. I the list still active?
          Yes, it's still active. Posts will usually come through a couple of times a week, in blocks of a few e-mails at a time (normally, between 3-10 e-mails at once).

The list isn't as active as it used to be a decade ago, but it's still running.

Comment

• Loonerdad
            • Apr 2020

Hi. I was one of the original members when we circulated a small paper magazine and I contributed some early photographs of B2P. There - that's giving my age away! Happy memories before the Internet age.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎