X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Inflover89101
    • Mar 2019

Custom made inflatables

Hey,

Is there any companies out there that can make a custom made inflatable?
    I've always felt that companies like inflatable world etc concentrate too much on the design of their toys rather than the "ride-ability" of the product, for example they seem to make all the dragons etc, which with the exception of a few I find hard to or uncomfortable to ride due to their shapes/size/design or they have things like small fins in the way etc.

Im not saying they shouldn't make these dragons etc, but I don't understand why no one does other plain toys, they all know what they get used for else they wouldn't bother with super soft stretchy vinyl or overlapped seams etc,
    I've just always thought they'd be a market for something like a 2m or larger punchbag or blimp or something like that, something designed more for a pleasurable ride rather than pleasing on the eye, if that makes any sense?
    Maybe it's just me, but I personally don't care what the item is I'm riding I don't have any sort of attachment to it or anything, but I understand that alot of people with this fetish prefer inflatable animals with cute faces etc and nice colours etc.
    Last edited by Inflover89101; 20-02-2020, 18:08.
  • EthylTheAardvark
    • Nov 2016

Re: Custom made inflatables

Sure, Puffypaws and a couple other companies specialize in doing custom inflatables. You could probably also talk directly to Hongyi. Smaller companies might also be willing to entertain designs -- I've successfully pitched a toy to inflatableworld.de.

If you have an inflatable design you'd like made, the company will need some artwork for the design early on. There are a few artists who specialize in toy design that you can talk to, but I haven't spoken to any in over a year so I don't know what the landscape looks like at the moment. You can get your artwork done prior to talking to a company about what you want done.

Some companies may be unwilling to accept sexually explicit projects. If you want a custom sex toy made, I'd just go straight to Hongyi. Judging from the stuff they've made in the past, I'd guess they're probably pretty happy to make just about anything.

You can generally expect a custom toy to take at least a year to make. Getting the assembly lines warmed up and shipping apparently take a lot of time. Generally you're going to be getting your goods from China. I've gone poking around looking for South American inflatable manufacturers, but haven't had a lot of luck finding anything (Then again, there's not really a South American alibaba either, could be why I'm not turning anything up.)

Comment

• Inflover89101
      • Mar 2019

I wasn't looking for anything sexually explicit, I just meant something different to dragons or animals for a change, and larger sizes than currently available, such as a 2.5m punchbag, or a similar sized blimp, stuff that's not available.

One thing I have thought would sell well would be a gl700 or gl1200 inflated size inflatable, made from soft thin stretchy vinyl so in a way it acts abit like a balloon and is soft too , I think that may appeal to people like me who are afraid of balloons popping etc, but would like to be able to enjoy the next best thing.

I have pitched to inflatable world before, but they didn't seem interested in any, which surprised me abit, especially as all my ideas would be fairly simple to produce, especially if they did the gl1200 balloon and punchbag as essentially the body would be the same ish shape/design.

I just personally think they're missing a trick here, maybe I'm completely wrong. I wish they'd make some beach balls out of that soft stretchy vinyl they use on the fox and other inflatables!

Comment

• EthylTheAardvark
        • Nov 2016

Hmm, horseplay toys has some large inflatable pillows and also seems to have some toys that look more rideable than a lot you see in the industry. I actually agree with you about the rideability of a lot of the custom/semi-custom toys on the market. I also have space constraints and frequently find the giant toys that most people seem to prefer are not convenient for my space. I tend to prefer anthros in simple poses such as the inflatableworld anthro husky or angel dragon, and have been trying to keep the designs I work on small and fairly simple.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
          • May 2017

Inflover89101, at last someone on here is singing my tune, and thank you. Yes, I'm very happy that many on here enjoy inflatable amimals (I love my 36 inch penguins), but I hear what you are saying. I am an artist, and have a folder full of many designs I've worked on over the last five to ten years, but the quandry for me has always been a the minimal order amount, b the recently introduced GST taxes on imports here in Australia and c after all that, hoping the damn thing is made of the right soft, stretchy, squeaky PVC.

One of the last things I worked on was a two meter translucent flip flop, and before that a two meter bop bag. I've just finished a 90 inch tall (extra fat) inflatable baseball bat (using black and white PVC) But out of everything I've done, the one thing I would really love to get made is a huge 220 cm tall translucent tube as pictured below.

Comment

• Inflover89101
            • Mar 2019

Originally posted by EthylTheAardvark
            Hmm, horseplay toys has some large inflatable pillows and also seems to have some toys that look more rideable than a lot you see in the industry. I actually agree with you about the rideability of a lot of the custom/semi-custom toys on the market. I also have space constraints and frequently find the giant toys that most people seem to prefer are not convenient for my space. I tend to prefer anthros in simple poses such as the inflatableworld anthro husky or angel dragon, and have been trying to keep the designs I work on small and fairly simple.
            Horseplay I've found are abit daft with their designs, for me I personally like to lay flat on whatever I'm riding, so like their sealion, I have to ride that back to front, as it's not very long body on it, I'd imagine that new black whale they've just brought out will be the same as it's only 2.2m long, and has that huge tail on the end and got that fin in the way in the middle, wouldn't be so bad if it was a seperate air chamber so you carefully cut it off if you didn't want/like it.
            Inflatable world's 3m whales are ok though, I just personally like the larger inflatables to smaller ones, although I do love the red fox they do too, especially with the centre baffle cut out and it heat stretched too!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎