• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • balloons
    Balloon fun
    • Apr 2017

20 inch unique balloons

Anyone ever order 20 inch unique

Think they will be great for riding, humping, big and softer than tuf tex 20 inchers.
  • PBK
    • Mar 2019

Re: 20 inch unique balloons

Yeap. Just ordered a bunch of 24" Unique from Kaboom. Man, the jewel tones sold out fast. They've got a bunch of pastels left.

Comment

• BYGavia
      • Dec 2017

I’m also curious about this kind of balloon. How does it compare to the 24” balloon from Party City (Amscan brand)?

Comment

• PBK
        • Mar 2019

They're nice. Not as big as the Party City 24's but just as round and softer. They don't stay floating as long as the PC 24's with helium (yes, that's with using the recommended amount of Hi-Float) but they're nice in their own way.
        I love watching my better half blow them up with her own air.
        Definitely a nice product from Unique.
        I might add they're a lot easier to coax a nice neck out of.

Comment

• Asclepio
          • Sep 2018

I have lots of them, they are very round but the neck can inflate pretty big if you worked it before the full inflation. The balloon stays soft even when it finally reached the 24” I had blown some of them till the 28” inches in the first inflation, usually it is stable until the 26” sizes, but if you continue it is at your own risk, I will post a pic of one of my best results with u24”
          A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• Asclepio
            • Sep 2018

Here, two of my uniques 24” balloons, the neck is perfect to support overinflation, all you have to do is to keep blowing
            Attached Files
            A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• Blowitbig
              • Jan 2016

Wow ,those are some beautiful balloons, i want some
              The bigger the better

Comment

• ugurano
                • Jan 2017

awesome looking

Comment

• srob2
                  • Dec 2017

Looks a lot stronger than a Unique 16. Are they that much louder?

Comment

• Tracy
                    • May 2018

20" or 24"?

It looks like most of the people here are talking about 24" Unique balloons. The reason I ask is that I don't know whether I am mis-remembering something from LONG ago. I was like 13 when I first worked up the nerve to buy a bag of balloons. After buying 2 or 3 bags - definitely Unique because I clearly remember the packaging - I bought a bag of much bigger balloons from the same store. I seem to recall that they were 20" - but what I really recall was that they got impossibly big compared to the little party balloons I had bought before that.

Does my memory serve me? Did Unique make 20" balloons? For reference this would have been around 1982 or 1983. (Those of you who were born in a year beginning with 2 can leave the snide remarks outside!!!)

Comment

• PBK
                      • Mar 2019

I was born in the early 80's.
                      I remember our small town drug store used to sell these bags of the "1/4 Pound" assorted balloons. Most of the balloons were small 9-11" but every bag had a huge round balloon that grew to be 20" or so. I'd use my allowance and earned money to buy all the bags of them just for the 1 big balloon in each bag. When I was a kid that was literally the only way to get big balloons in my parts (other than the punchballs the variety and grocery stores occasionally stocked).

Comment

• Asclepio
                        • Sep 2018

Actually, unique has not any 20” model, years ago I remember a 18” size that they produced for short time (from 2006 to 2009) now Unique factory only produces 9”, 12”, 14”, 16”, 24”, 26” and 36” balloons. I know a lot a about them because the main factory is in my city, so the most of the balloons i can find in my local stores are from unique brand, and talking about unique 24” models, they easily can be inflated to 27” on the first inflation, the neck is not so easy to inflate if you didn’t work it, but it is not that hard, i would say the neck is pretty equal to tuftex 24” neck, same size but harder to inflate. The white and yellow colors are the best to overinflate, I have some that reached the 33” on second inflation, and usually the pop isnt very loud, i would say is the same pop you get from the 16” models. The balloon stays very soft even when you are into danger zone, usually the balloon will pop pretty soon if it is getting hard

Comment

• kosmos
                          • May 2017

I'll be glad to add some info here, my apologies for spelling I'm not very good typing on a mobile phone keyboard.

Unique (is the second largest party distributor behind Amscan),their balloons were Made in Mexico by Globos Payaso ,I still remember when i was a kid the large floral shops that had an entire wall of balloons from
                          Unique brand in several sizes 5',7',9',12',16',24 and 36 and dozen different colors and (metallic or pearl as well) larger ones were available, but discontinued before 2006. Slowly Unique started farming out most of its balloon sourcing to China Unique used to also make other sizes but i guess the market wasn't there for those?.

How did you know which ones were Mexican made or Chinese, the packages in 12, 72 and 144 count were Mexican made and had soft plastic packaging.
                          Odd number packaging were Chinese made ones in the cheap cellophane type plastic. The 36's were still made in Mexico, eventually all balloon manufacturing, till today is Made In China if you turn a pack over it says Made in China, and they no longer carry 36's.

Now if you do live in the USA and you are nearby the discount store Dollar General you are in luck they have what were U24's (Mexican made 24 inch) they cost 1.85 per one sometimes cheaper, and they do have some 12's. They are really soft and are U24's.

Amscan is currently the largest party corporation in the world, and they own Party City in the united states, hence why Amscan balloons are sold in the Party City stores. The 24 inch Amscan was made in mexico but i believe it was another company.

Amscan used to purchased balloons just like Unique in Mexico, however lately they have shifted production over to, the company Everts in Malaysia.
                          Last edited by kosmos; 09-05-2019, 01:10.

Comment

• Asclepio
                            • Sep 2018

Actually today, the only way to find what country made the unique balloons is by the distributors, if it says “Unique” on the package the chances of getting chinese uniques balloons are higher, but if on the package it says “Globos Payaso” you can be almost sure that they are mexican balloons, anyway I find the quality of both countries almost the same, Mexico does it better with Pastel colors and China does it better with clear colors, but i would say the quality is the same.
                            Greetings from Guadalajara, Mexico, the home of “Globos Payaso” factory

Comment

• poppinbags
                              • Nov 2017

Interesting reading on the history and current affairs of Unique balloons!
                              Anyway, I must find some of those 24" Uniques. Is there a place where you can buy them in Europe?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎