X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PBK
    • Mar 2019

Intex Whales

For Canadian inflatable/floatie fans (or anyone else visiting up here):
    Intex orca whales are $11.99 at Save-On-Foods grocery stores.
    They're getting snapped up fast. I cleaned out 2 locations around here and I got 6 total out of it.
  • Big Thud Joe
    • May 2017

Re: Intex Whales

The older translucent blue ones from about 10 to 12 years ago were fantastic. They were fully translucent with glossy print, and were around 190 cm, exactly my height, so they were great for going to bed for balloon sex.

But the ones they sold at Big W and Target last year where just the same thick canvas crap. Around 2004 I bought about a dozen of the translucent blue ones, only used one, and foolishly gave away the other eleven to the nieces and nephews when going through a decluttering exercise around 2010.

I bought a few of the current ones, but will say when summer comes down under again, they be good for digging my thongs and toes in for some nice squeeking, but generally I only do this to inflatables I don't give a damn about.

Comment

• OverTheTop
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Big Thud Joe
      The older translucent blue ones from about 10 to 12 years ago were fantastic. They were fully translucent with glossy print, and were around 190 cm, exactly my height, so they were great for going to bed for balloon sex.

But the ones they sold at Big W and Target last year where just the same thick canvas crap. Around 2004 I bought about a dozen of the translucent blue ones, only used one, and foolishly gave away the other eleven to the nieces and nephews when going through a decluttering exercise around 2010.

I bought a few of the current ones, but will say when summer comes down under again, they be good for digging my thongs and toes in for some nice squeeking, but generally I only do this to inflatables I don't give a damn about.
      Have you tried the Bestway translucent blue whales? They're pretty similar to the Intex ones, but slightly larger (not as large as the black ones) and made with a stretchier and more durable plastic. I've never had one of the old blue Intex whales so I'm not sure how they compare, but they're better than the current Intex ones IMO.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
        • May 2017

It's winter down here now, so not sure at the moment, but will look when October November rolls around. As far as I can remember, all the shops last summer mainly sold Intex, can't remember much or any bestway inflatables. But if they do come around, will definitely look into it, really regret giving those older ones away, the inflatableworld.de ones are too big for my liking, and a spot too expensive too.

Comment

• OverTheTop
          • Dec 2013

I'm not sure about down under, but in the US I can order both types (larger black and smaller blue transparent) of Intex and Bestway whales pretty much year-round. Maybe check there, or other online retailers?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎