X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fred
    Happy looner
    • Jul 2018

Balloon smell

I have just gotten a pack, which is the first in like 9 years and I opened the pack and the smell wasn't what I expected.
    I personally will end u liking the smell just needs a bit of getting used to I was wondering if this was the same for anyone else.
  • benjballoon
    • Sep 2013

Re: Balloon smell

The smell will change between brands. Personally I don't like the scent of cheap Chinese and grocery store balloons. They smell too toxic. But when you get up in your collection, you will notice the difference. Personally I love the smell of qualatex and tuftex.

Comment

• Blowitbig
      • Jan 2016

I recently bought a bag of 17 inch tt balloons, when I opened the bag the smell of the balloons was just incredible.
      The bigger the better

Comment

• LoudPopper
        • Jan 2016

What does boiling balloons do? I imagine that it reduces the smell of course, but does it have any other affect. Does it affect balloons like when you bake them? I tried baking balloons once but it ended up as a disaster with them melting and ruining a sheet pan. So now I'm super wary of doing anything extra to balloons than just enjoying them in their natural state.

Speaking of natural state however. I absolutely love the smell of most balloons. It's absolutely is intoxicating, especially when I'm really in the mood to play with and get really naughty with balloons. I feel like my head spins and I get really lustful to play with them just from one good whiff of them. Opening up my giant bin where I have my stash of loons and getting that first big whiff is usually one of my favorite experiences leading up to balloon play. Sometimes when I'm riding and grinding the shit out of them or I've got one wrapped in my arms trying to squeeze it to pop, having the balloon so close to my face offers another chance to get a good smell. Or sometimes when I blow one to pop, having the balloon burst so close to my face leaves a lingering aroma hanging about that I absolutely love.

I guess I never had thought about having favorite balloon scents though. I guess since I really love Tuf-tex and Uniques, I know I'm particularly fond of those. They're pretty distinctive strong latex smells. Especially Uniques because of their relatively high latex to polymer/plastic ratio. I know Tuf-tex has a greater concentration of plastic/polymer in their mixture than most balloons. It's actually what makes them so much stronger, thick, and louder when they pop than most balloons. I know the manufacturer does it because Tuf-tex's are designed and marketed to be used in a lot of commercial purposes like car sales where balloons stay outside exposed to the weather for a long time. It makes for a really interesting smell, and I love it. Another brand I like is Cattex. They have a lot of latex in their formula too, and it makes a good distinct smell. The only drawback is that I believe balloons with a lot of pure latex in them, making them super soft and stretchy when you ride them. But I've heard that pure latex also tends to breakdown or degrade easily. Correct me if I'm wrong but anyone else heard that latex breakdown can lead to a really bad odor when the balloon goes stale?

Comment

• charle_magne
          • Oct 2018

I confess that when it comes to the smell of latex, the best remains QUALATEX and other major brands.
          especially after cleaning and talc

Comment

• Bjorn
            Phobic non-popper
            • Oct 2018

I like the smell of old balloons. Especially yellow ones. All kind of colors and brands smells different. At the moment I've got Qualatex 16 inch (yellow ones). They smells exciting.

Comment

• Fred
              Happy looner
              • Jul 2018

Thanks this was a lot of help.

Comment

• Loonatic
                Balloons + Feet
                • Apr 2016

I wish they made a candle or some fragrance for the smell of latex. I can just imagine, "three new scents: Oxidized, Fresh Bag, Baked" lol

Comment

• WannabePopper
                  • Oct 2018

I never really paid that much attention to the smell of balloons. In my mind, there were far more important attributes to consider.

It was only when I got red 45" Russian "Olympic" balloon that I learnt what an under-rated sense smell can be when interacting with balloons. The smell was so different, hard to describe, but really alluring in some way.

Without doubt, the added smell really enhanced my experience with the balloon and made for a much more pleasurable time.

Eventually the smell wore off and the balloon got popped (not by me, but an attractive female). I have never quite experienced anything like it, even from the same type of balloon - though different colors.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎