• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IILoonerII
    Banned
    • Feb 2020

Re: Old Consoles and PC Games

Originally posted by Whale Rider
    I know that feeling... Its quite some time ago. I stumbled over a game in the bargain bin that literally had collected dust... SF RPG shooter sounds nice so I bought it for a whopping 5 bucks. installed it played it... and loved it I have complete freedom how to solve that region and in which direction you develop the story.. I could explore i could sneak i could hack i could improve myself.. great story which asks existential questions.... It was the original Deux EX.

still a fantastic game, grafics are ugly from the point of view of "now". still I think its far better than any CoD or MoH or even the new Deus Exs which are not bad themself...

Other than Nintendo still carrying the torch for good games in this time. The others fall way short. I wouldn't be surprised if they start remastering old video games to save themselves and stay alive.

Comment

• Whale Rider
      • Nov 2022

Originally posted by IILoonerII
      Other than Nintendo still carrying the torch for good games in this time. The others fall way short. I wouldn't be surprised if they start remastering old video games to save themselves and stay alive.
      well its not that there are not good games today but those that are innovative are often indie:

Deep Rock Galactic
      Rimworld
      Dwarven Fortress
      Oxygen not included
      Stray
      Subnautica
      Superhot
      911 Operator
      Among us
      60 Parsecs
      Into the Breach
      Xenonauts
      Barotrauma
      the 3 Shadowrun games from Harebrained
      Battletech

.... many more really good indie stuff that I cant remember... what is stale (stall?) is the mainstream large studio publications... borderlands 1 was great but a 4 th installment is not necessarily very innovative...

were all Indie and either very good or at least successful...

but yes many nintendo, PC and PS games aged veeery well.... :-

Comment

• AJK64
        • Jun 2018

I think outside of indie devs, the western videogame market is stale. Japanese devs still seem to appreciate that gameplay should be the most important aspect of a videogame as it is what makes the medium unique, where-as western devs seem to focus too much on making the game look pretty, or cutscrnes and complicated storylines etc, ignoring interactivity.

Comment

• yet_another_aussie
          • Dec 2019

May I recommend The Messenger for people who love retro inspired games. Don't be fooled though it is very much an action game.
          The movement can be tricky but is fair and scales, and has good dialogue to boot.

Comment

• hdbngr80
            • Jul 2017

I missed out on NES mini, but most of those games are on Switch Online now. I do have the Super NES mini, Turbografix mini and both Genesis minis.

Originally posted by randomlooner316
            Nowdays I have a PS2 with my post played games being Grand Theft Atuo Vice City, YuGiOh Duelist Of The Roses, The Sims Bustin Out, WWE Smackdown Shut Your Mouth, WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain, Risk, and Pinball Hall Of Fame

I also have a Gamecube but the only game I play on it is Mario Party 5

I also have an XBox 360 with South Park The Stick Of Truth, Lollipop Chainsaw, Mortal Kombat 9, and Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

My most used console is my NES Mini that is preprogrammed with like 30 games. Mostly I play Mario 3, Bubble Bobble, the original Mario Brothers game, and of course Dr. Mario.

Comment

• IILoonerII
              Banned
              • Feb 2020

Originally posted by Whale Rider
              well its not that there are not good games today but those that are innovative are often indie:

Deep Rock Galactic
              Rimworld
              Dwarven Fortress
              Oxygen not included
              Stray
              Subnautica
              Superhot
              911 Operator
              Among us
              60 Parsecs
              Into the Breach
              Xenonauts
              Barotrauma
              the 3 Shadowrun games from Harebrained
              Battletech

.... many more really good indie stuff that I cant remember... what is stale (stall?) is the mainstream large studio publications... borderlands 1 was great but a 4 th installment is not necessarily very innovative...

were all Indie and either very good or at least successful...

but yes many nintendo, PC and PS games aged veeery well.... :-

Yes, there were a lot of good games in the generation past ps2,wii,xbox. Games like GTA IV, GTA V the Simpsons game, Destiny, Uncharted, Test Drive unlimited 2, blacklight retribution (ps4) only etc. sad that sonic cant get a proper title to revive the series.

Comment

• Whale Rider
                • Nov 2022

Originally posted by IILoonerII
                Yes, there were a lot of good games in the generation past ps2,wii,xbox. Games like GTA IV, GTA V the Simpsons game, Destiny, Uncharted, Test Drive unlimited 2, blacklight retribution (ps4) only etc. sad that sonic cant get a proper title to revive the series.
                are the last sonics so bad?

Comment

• IILoonerII
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2020

Well Sonic on the ps3 wasn't that bad… its just that after sonic adventure 2 battle (gamecube only) they lost their touch with the whole series.

Comment

• Whale Rider
                    • Nov 2022

sad -.-

Comment

• MylarLover
                      Mylar Balloon Lover
                      • Apr 2023

I sometimes play Ken's Labyrinth, Jill of the Jungle, The Incredible Machine on my IBM PS/2 computer. I also have a Commodore VC20, and C64 and a NES.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎