You see an underinflated balloon or toy. Your actions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • condensatelover
    • Jan 2022

You see an underinflated balloon or toy. Your actions?

If I see an underinflated toy or balloon, I will inflate it properly.
    For example, last year I was walking back home. Suddenly I saw a balloon which previously was filled with helium, but deflated and got wrinks on it. It was 12 inch clear with confetti inside. I whispered 'poor balloon', took it from ground and started to untie it. When I finally untied it, I took it to my mouth. I was afraid it would pop, so I was blowing slowly. And the balloon started to grow. It wasn't oxidized. Looked like it was 3 or less hours old.
    When I finished to blow the balloon (it already had a 2 cm neck), I tied it with double knot and attached a ribbon to it.
    Then I hid behind a building, because someone was walking through the street. It was a lady with a child. Child took my balloon, and said 'Lets take it with us'.
    The lady said 'yes' .
    And they walked near me, and the boy was happily batting the tight balloon.
    I was happy too.

Re: You see an underinflated balloon or toy. Your actions?

I do not interact with balloons I see out in public that aren't mine, just doesn't feel right to me sadly.

Comment

• Asclepio
      • Sep 2018

I almost never interact with any "wild" balloon cause I am kinda obsessed with the germs or bacterias that can lay on the latex or inside in the air of the balloon, even before the covid pandemic I was obsessed with not touching dirty surfaces or not using foreign objects without first disinfecting them. Now with the pandemic at its highest peak, inflating a strange balloon you find on the street sounds like a good way to catch COVID.
      A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• wildheart
        • Apr 2015

I usually wouldn't touch them. However I once saw a beachball that was way too soft at a friend's house. I was left alone briefly, so decided to top it up. This is me we're talking about, and I blew it ridiculously tight. I wonder if anyone noticed.
        How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
        My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Casey88
          lukmanrewa
          • Jun 2012

i wouldnt do anything else apart from popping it

Comment

• Common Loon
            • Aug 2020

Originally posted by wildheart
            I usually wouldn't touch them. However I once saw a beachball that was way too soft at a friend's house. I was left alone briefly, so decided to top it up. This is me we're talking about, and I blew it ridiculously tight. I wonder if anyone noticed.
            I'm totally guilty of doing this with vinyl inflatables, almost out of habit. They're just not as fun to play with if they're all wrinkly and floppy... gotta tighten them up good!

Balloons, it's more hit-or-miss since most of the time if you come across one in an everyday situation it's tied up tightly. But once or twice I have found a balloon on a cup-and-stick from a restaurant in a friend's house, detached it and blew it back up to its proper size, then put it back where I found it... wondering if they ever noticed later!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎