Old 22-09-2020, 10:12 PM

Ryan556 is on a distinguished road
Post Your in the process of moving, how do you deal with your inflatable/balloons?
A few weeks ago I got offered a job in another state in my field of study so I took it. Me and a friend will be sharing an apartment and such but I cannot bring a ton of stuff with me so the collection is staying at my parents house. So far I played with two inflatables I had for a few years and popped them since I don't want to leave much evidence behind not to mention they have memories attached to a recent breakup so they needed to go. Other than that I already found a better spot to hide my balloon collection so my parents don't come across it in case they get bored and go through my room while im living away for the next 6-12 months. And as much as I would love to start a collection at my new home, my friend that i'm moving with is very nosey and not to mention we will both be working at the same job with the same hours so i'm pretty much not going to have much privacy besides having my own room.

Now onto the question. How do you fellow peeps deal with your collections while moving? How difficult of a decision was it to leave all your balloons behind if you had to?
Old 23-09-2020, 03:00 AM
Founder, Balloon Buddies

BusterBill is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Your in the process of moving, how do you deal with your inflatable/balloons?
Originally Posted by Ryan556 View Post
Now onto the question. How do you fellow peeps deal with your collections while moving? How difficult of a decision was it to leave all your balloons behind if you had to?
I have moved twice in the past 2 years. In both cases I was in a temporary living situation until I found my own place. I put the things I didn't need everyday access to in a storage unit. The smallest storage units aren't terribly expensive, and it has the advantage that you can drop by and get a few toys to play with when the opportunity arises. Just thought I'd suggest that as one possibility for you to consider.

Old 25-09-2020, 09:50 PM

FireRider is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Your in the process of moving, how do you deal with your inflatable/balloons?
I agree with Bill that a storage unit would be a good idea if you can afford it. If not, I suggest taking a small part of your collection with you and storing it in a safe place, e.g. somewhere under your bed. I remember I always kept my balloons in the box my Xbox came in as a kid. If you have a car, those are great for private playing/popping sessions if you're in the mood, but your roommate is home.

Random question, but what were those inflatables you disposed of?
Old 26-09-2020, 02:39 PM

Danniballoon is on a distinguished road
I'm going through a similar process at the moment. I have a habit of continually buying balloons and inflatables, putting them on one side and forgetting about them. I'm sorting out my favourite stuff in to a couple of boxes and anything that is unopened is going to the local charity shops. Unfortunately, I have to dump some stuff that has been opened, but at least giving away what I can is less wasteful and helps others. Last time I moved, I offered it for free in one of the balloons/inflatable groups. I got a few people interested, but no one ever actually turned up to collect it.