Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sit2Pop
    Certified Looner
    • Oct 2023

How do you even inflate the fingers of a glove and have it stay? I want to try it out as soon as possible, inflating the entirety of the glove sounds amazing!

Comment

• Homa1984
      • Sep 2020

I was able to do this only with the gloves of the above-mentioned Cardinal health brand. To do this, I inflated my fingers many times without touching the main part of it. After that, they become much softer, the glove even starts to inflate from them. But you have to be careful, the fingers become not only softer, but also not so strong and you need to control so that they do not burst. Also, do not stretch the gaps between your fingers, these are weak spots like a hollow on heart-shaped balloons. Otherwise, everything is in your hands, it's good that gloves do not have a high cost, and this makes it cheaper to experiment with them. I can say one thing for sure, it is possible, and at a temperature close to 0 ° C, you can simply inflate each finger in turn, without subjecting the entire glove to thermal restoration, and then the result of the last photo will be obtained.
      P.S. And yes, it is not very visible in the photo, but in the last photo the length of the glove along with the fingers is about 1 meter or maybe a little more.​

Comment

• Homa1984
        • Sep 2020

I haven't tried it at lower temperatures. But I think it will work out too. You just need a temperature at which the latex freezes in a stretched state.

Comment

• frankfrank
          Empathetic Harmonizer
          • Feb 2018

How strong are the Cardinal gloves in general - like, if you wanted to inflate them and ride them (non-pop)?
          People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• andrew_looner
            • Feb 2019

that's cool; are they nitrile?

Comment

• LoonerLover23
              • Nov 2023

Just tried to pop one with my pump and this is how big it gets (fresh out of the bag no prestretching etc). About 1m from the bottom to the top (finger not included) and from the sides about 70cm from side to side
              Attached Files

Comment

• cl23
                • May 2022

Thanks for the recommendation and the pictures.
                I just ordered these gloves. I love the transparency and shinyness, that todays surgical gloves not very often have.

Comment

• LoonerLover23
                  • Nov 2023

They are definitly worth their money

Comment

• frankfrank
                    Empathetic Harmonizer
                    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by frankfrank
                    How strong are the Cardinal gloves in general - like, if you wanted to inflate them and ride them (non-pop)?
                    Still wondering about that...
                    People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• cl23
                      • May 2022

Homa1984
                      Thanks a lot for the hint. I ordered these gloves and really love them. The latex is extremely strong for thin latex gloves, looks beautiful, very transparent, smells good, feels good. I tried dozens of different brands and types of surgical gloves and these now are at least in my top 3 of gloves.

This is how they do inflate without any preparation like preinflating the fingers (i tried that on another one of thes gloves with really nice results):
                      1.jpg 2.jpg
                      I attached a balloon mouth piece for easy inflation

frankfrank
                      If you want to ride some latex gloves, try the ticker latex gloves made by Ansell. They are the best, i found - get huge, are really sturdy.

Comment

• LoonerLover23
                        • Nov 2023

Do you have a link for the Ansell latex gloves or a product description?

Comment

• cl23
                          • May 2022

This is an Amazon Germany link:
                          Ansell Alphatec G04Y Mehrzweck-Arbeitshandschuhe, Chemisch Beständig, Strukturierte für Exzellenten Griff, Lange Stulpe, Größe L (12 Paar) bei Amazon.de | Günstiger Preis | Kostenloser Versand ab 29€ für ausgewählte Artikel

Last year, there was a huge discount (12 pairs for under 5 Euros, maybe due to a malfunction, don't expect this to happen again), but they are also worth the normal price.

Comment

• glovepopper
                            • May 2019

Hi guys, gecently me too tried Protexis surgical gloves, they are more durable than I thought. The price is between 0.6 and 1 euro per pair, depending on the model. It's a pity that the smell they have is not very pleasant, it's not a latex smell...
                            Attached Files

Comment

• frankfrank
                              Empathetic Harmonizer
                              • Feb 2018

Thanks...looks like ordering them may be a hassle (no apparent USA source). Look good (but are those Ansell in post #25?). Gotta consider that I'm pretty overloaded with inflatables already - more looking for somebody to get rid of stuff to, than to add even more, lol.

Comment

• cl23
                                • May 2022

Originally posted by frankfrank
                                Look good (but are those Ansell in post #25?).
                                No, these are Protexis. I also have Ansell surgical gloves. They are also excellent, but different.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎