Old 22-11-2019, 11:41 PM

Anttemp18 is on a distinguished road
Smile Taking balloons from public giveaway
Hello,

So I always had this weakness for balloons giveaway at public places especially when being handed out. Ex: McD, fairs and food festivals. Do you resist your temptation so to keep it as secret when with your friends and families or you go ahead and grab one from them.

For me i prefer to take one without over thinking, however I end up usually giving it to an another kid on my way back home in transit, although with a very heavy heart. People with me probably don't judge much I guess, they might think I'm just bit childish.
Old 23-11-2019, 01:01 AM

MetroBalloon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Taking balloons from public giveaway
I take them when I can, though I do like to ask male employees if I can take some, or if they can blow up new ones. I'm kind of a loner, so I don't really go out with others, but on the times I have, I've always taken balloons (and gotten some for my male friends).
Old 23-11-2019, 05:12 AM

Casey88 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Anttemp18 View Post
Hello,

So I always had this weakness for balloons giveaway at public places especially when being handed out. Ex: McD, fairs and food festivals. Do you resist your temptation so to keep it as secret when with your friends and families or you go ahead and grab one from them.

For me i prefer to take one without over thinking, however I end up usually giving it to an another kid on my way back home in transit, although with a very heavy heart. People with me probably don't judge much I guess, they might think I'm just bit childish.
Good question. It is a tough situation and have experienced this few times. What I normally do is I will tell them I will be going to the toilet or pretend to take cash from ATM machine. When the situation is clear, I will nick a few balloons and head to the toilets for real to deflate them in the cubicle before I catch up back with my friends/family.
Old 23-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Banned

BalloonBoyUK is on a distinguished road
In my opinion, as long as you ask before taking them, then I don't see a problem with anyone - young or old, taking balloon giveways.

I do it quite often, and if anyone asks why I want one, I just say it's for a niece or nephew, or a young member of my family. If the promoter/store, says I can't have a balloon, I just say "Thanks anyway", and then leave it.
Old 23-11-2019, 04:03 PM

Slugamano is on a distinguished road
There is a fairly new shopping center close to my place and there a new toy shop has opened. They handed out pink balloons with “Liliput toy shop” print. I asked for some balloons and they were happy to give them to me…
Old 25-11-2019, 10:18 AM

lincy is an unknown quantity at this point
It was an interesting post to read.
Old 27-11-2019, 11:44 PM

PBK is on a distinguished road
Oh lots.
I get nice printed jewel tones from my bank as well as McDonalds all the time.
Any other time I get offered promotional balloons, blown up or not I always take them.