Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrew_looner
    • Feb 2019

Old Soviet Balloons

I came across some old Soviet balloons, thanks to a friend, and they inflated surprisingly well for being 35+ years old. They were manufactured in current day Ukraine, in Kherson. What's really nice about them is that they are incredibly soft and stretchy, inflating up to 14". The recipe might be the same used for the famous Bakovka balloons.
    Attached Files
  • palloncino90
    • Jan 2018

Re: Old Soviet Balloons

Are those balloons older than 35 years? Wow it's incredible that you have been able to inflate them without a premature burst!
    I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• WannabePopper
      • Oct 2018

On the related topic Soviet balloons - I’m a huge fan of the 45 inch “Olympic” balloon from Russia. They were famously used during the 1980 Olympic Games opening / closing ceremony in Moscow. To lift a massive model of their mascot (a bear) out of the stadium. There’s a clip or two on YouTube!!!

Anyway, they reopened the factory that made these great balloons a few years ago. I have bought several on eBay from Russian sellers. They cost about $10 (including shipping). An awesome balloon - nice shape, very tough and a beautiful sweet latex smell when new!

Comment

• andrew_looner
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by WannabePopper
        On the related topic Soviet balloons - I’m a huge fan of the 45 inch “Olympic” balloon from Russia. They were famously used during the 1980 Olympic Games opening / closing ceremony in Moscow. To lift a massive model of their mascot (a bear) out of the stadium. There’s a clip or two on YouTube!!!

Anyway, they reopened the factory that made these great balloons a few years ago. I have bought several on eBay from Russian sellers. They cost about $10 (including shipping). An awesome balloon - nice shape, very tough and a beautiful sweet latex smell when new!
        I bought a couple of clear Olympic balloons a while ago but didn’t get to test them yet. They seem to be the same uninflated size as the Belbal 36”

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎