Have you ever run into another looner "IN THE WILD"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesPopper
    • Nov 2016

Re: Have you ever run into another looner "IN THE WILD"?

There is a local party shop owner that I absolutely swear is a looner, and Im pretty sure he suspects me. He recognized me the last 3 times ive gone in and remembered what ive bought and without fail he has "accidentally" done a blowtopop of random loons while ive been in his shop or more recently in a booth at the mall, always makes me jump and puts him in a suprisingly good mood so I dunno lmao

Comment

• lucid
      • Sep 2016

No, I haven't actually "met" any other looners i dont think, but I'd just about bet the farm ive interacted with one on a single occasion and had a few extremely suspect observations on a few others.

My job involves me going into various businesses and people's houses on a daily basis. One time I was working in a call center and there were various balloons scattered throughout here and there which is pretty normal for a call center. Most of the balloons were just being ignored collecting dust. But I noticed there was one guy at his desk playing with a balloon the entire time I was there! Maybe out of boredom but I was there several hours and to anybody but a looner, that also would have become boring yet, it persisted the whole time. Also throughout the years I've been in tens of thousands of houses. From time to time, I will see balloons. No biggie. But, on a handful of occasions people will have 16's, 24's 36's etc. And they will have them in locations that look out of place to all but the initiated lol. Ive never said anything because it wouldn't be professional. Not to mention, if im wrong it could be my last day at work haha. But I have a theory that if you see balloons larger than 14 inches and you aren't on a car lot, 9 out of 10 times there is a looner about nearby. Those balloons are much to rare and expensive for most people to be buying just for decorating.
      As for my most likely encounter, I was at a rave about 8 or 9 years ago and was walking by myself across the area near the dance floor and I get approached by this guy holding a balloon about 12-14 inches. I actually didn't think to much of it at the time because ppl bring all sorts of random things to raves. Lights, hula hoops, all kinds of fuzzy things, vapor rub etc. Mainly to intensify the effect of the mdma that was flowing like water back then.. But then the guy asks me if I would take the balloon from him and rub it all over his back. Hmm. Im completely straight but I was able to empathize with him and knew I would be crushed to death if I worked up the balls to go ask a girl to do that for me and get shot down. So I took his balloon, he turned around and I gave it all I had. It went on about 3 or 4 minutes and when I stopped he turned around and said thanks with a huge smile on his face. I handed him his balloon back pretending I didn't know what just happened. I was there with a bunch of friends that aren't aware of my looning proclivities or I may have said something to him. But, looking back on that incident. Ive always found it insane that if he was a looner, of all the hundreds of people in that building at the rave, he just so happened to hand his balloon over to another looner. If that guy happens to be reading this, I remember that bro, and I see you 😉

Comment

• loonlun
        • Mar 2021

I met up with an older looner when it was discovered that we lived in the same town through balloon buddies, the old email group I think. It was a little awkward but still interesting to meet up and talk about that mutual interest and what we'd done with our lives up until that point. Didn't stay in touch- I think they didn't like where I stood on the popper/non-popper question and I felt a little spoken flabbergast and unspoken hostility coming from them on it. Hope they're doing alright, they'd have to be getting up there in age these days.

According to an ex of mine, someone in my extended social circle that I'm in occasional contact with is also into balloons but I'd never approach them about it because it's kind of not cool to out someone like that. No interest in going after them as it were as I'm not a member of the team they play for. Not sure if they know I'm also into balloons but I'm also cool not bringing it up.
        Last edited by loonlun; 02-04-2021, 21:08.

Comment

• LoudPop
          • Sep 2018

I've met one other "looner" in person. I was nervous about the first meeting. But, it quickly became a very good experience. It was hard to believe that someone else could understand so well. We talked about our balloon experiences, memories, desires, likes, dislikes, etc. It was very comforting to know someone else "understood" when it came to balloons. Popping balloons together was an amazing experience, probably because we each knew what was going on within each other. I highly recommend meeting someone in person. Non-looners can be fun and exciting too but there is something different knowing they don't really "get" you.

Comment

• Merl
            Hopper research dept.
            • Apr 2021

Never. Honestly, I'm certain that I wouldn't want to.

Comment

• Balloonpop_ks
              • Mar 2023

My best friend during school might be one of us. He had shown me a video tape with balloon pop scenes from different occasions. And his girlfriend was the one that always had huge balloons and forced others to pop them.
              Would love to know, if he / she / both have a balloon thing.
              So Lasse, if you read this, get in touch ����
              Bosse

Comment

• RLMI
                • Jul 2021

When I was a student at University, I happened to walk past some friends who just happened to be blowing up balloons for an upcoming event. They asked me to help them blow up a few (why not), so I stopped and lent a hand/lung.

I noticed one of the other girls kept looking at me as she was blowing up her balloons. I was blowing up my balloons till they had a decent neck, and she was as well. We mutually looked at each other and I saw her blowing up a pink balloon which started necking up. With one breath, the neck shot out to her lips and the balloon became a bit one sided in shape, but it didn't pop..she was able to tie it.

She said something like 'lucky it didn't burst' and laughed, and then asked me to match hers for size. I wasn't quite so daring! Then she said that she likes to blow up balloons as big as possible, as they looked nice when they became glisteningly transparent, and had a full shape like a bowling pin, and you could "hold them by the extra part that shoots out near the mouthpiece"

Comment

• blnlvr2012
                  • Nov 2017

April 2004. Cleaning up from an Easter Brunch at church. I lady whom i was in a praise band with was helping clean up. there were helium balloons to gather. I said something about maybe popping them but she said to leave them. She then looks straight at me ans says "did I ever tell you about my balloon fetish?"

Soon the questions started flying and over the next six months, the balloons popping. Still a friend but she stopped the balloon play.

Comment

• frankfrank
                    Empathetic Harmonizer
                    • Feb 2018

That's cool! That's precisely what I meant by "in the wild" - entirely without any prior arrangement or intent. I'm not sure if there can be more than 100,000 of us in the world. Anybody ever figure out an estimate?
                    People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• Xera
                      • Aug 2023

I can't say for certain, but I think one of my old friends may have been a looner, he'd always tell me stories of times he'd popped balloons, playballs, beachballs, exercise balls, or even just regular sportsballs. Even whenever he came to my house, it was always very clear that he REALLY wanted to burst the exercise balls I had in my bedroom. He'd often joke about popping the balls, like for example, he'd say, "Wouldn't it be funny if x popped the ball?" Or "Wouldn't it be funny if I done x and the ball popped?" Aside from that he was always was very rough with them, as if he were trying to cause them to pop without making it look deliberate. But yeah, we'd often talk about popping them, and he actually did pop two on me that I know for certain it was him who did it, but there was possibly a third ball as well he popped. Aside from that I let him pop a few old basketballs I had too. You couldn't find anyone happier in that moment every time he popped something, but yeah, I never built up the courage to ask if he was one of us

Comment

• bubblesNdragons
                        • Oct 2019

Between like, 2-3 times, and they were all friends at some point. All three times happened because I came out to them as a looner, and they got curious and so I explained what it's like being a looner, and then at some point they got back to me saying something along the lines of "um...I think I might be into inflation too"
                        *notices bulge*

Comment

• grizzleylooner
                          • Aug 2023

Some time ago there was a kid who used to do a bit of labouring for me on weekends to earn some pocket money. One day when he was in his early teens he came over and spotted some balloons that had somehow survived my session the previous night and I’d forgotten to clear up. “Oh, balloons…” I made some lame excuse about them being left from a party. “You don’t want them then?” No, not really. He immediately started bouncing on one until it popped, he was quite skinny and they were probably Q16 or similar so it took some bouncing. “Wow that was a strong balloon” And he proceeded to pop the others the same way. Ok, kid likes popping balloons, nothing unusual there.
                          Couple of weeks later I mentioned that I had a few more that I hadn’t got round to blowing up for the party. He was really keen to blow them up and pop them so we had a half hour of fun sit popping about half a bag between us. “That was cool, have you got any more” No, but I could get some if you work hard….
                          Anyway, after work balloons became a regular thing for several years. I chucked in a few bigger balloons and GLs that I “happened to see online” and he really enjoyed bouncing on those! I’m sure he used to take a few smaller ones home with him too…. He’s in his late teens by this stage and I’m convinced he’s got a thing for balloons, also fairly sure he’s realised I have too, but neither of us ever mentioned it. It was just nice having some company and acting like popping balloons for fun was “normal”. Also great not having to worry about him finding balloons or shreds as I didn’t need to explain. Then he got into drugs and decided he didn’t want to work any more so that was the end of that. He’s moved away now and I don’t see him at also I’ll never know for certain if he was a looner,

Comment

• PMN985
                            • Aug 2021

Closest I could think, is back in the 90s when I discoveted there were others, thanks aol, I was dating a lady almost 25yrs older than me, I had the fetish but was young and insecure about it, anyways shen sent me out to get wine, I came back there was here in lingerie covered in 9" balloons, she put a needle in my mouth and made me pop them off of her, I think I got way too excited too fast, she made a comment about the fetish aspect I denied it, not sure if she was an actual looner though, because that was the only balloon play I had with her, she taught me a lot about a lot of kinks though, which I am forever grateful lol

Comment

• Azurefox
                              • Jan 2023

The best I can say is that there were two strong possibilities, both in high school.

One was a guy, who when the teacher asked what our favorite things were, who just says "balloons".

Another was a girl that brought bags of balloons to school quite often and apparently always had balloons at home. This was a bit stressful for me cause she had no issues popping them but I was deathly terrified.

Of course both of them might not have been and just really liked balloons 🤔

Comment

• stretchedtight
                                • Apr 2013

For me I can only assume...

I was in high school many years ago, I knew I had a thing for balloons, but had no clue there were others like me. My neighbor was a girl the same age as me and I would bring over balloons and she would inflate them. This went on over a school year or two when she asked me, what is it with you boys and balloons? Apparently, one of my close friends had also been bringing her balloons and she was blowing them up, but I never knew, or never witnessed it, which was odd because we were all about the same age and all lived in the same neighborhood. Wish I could connect with my friend and confirm.

Other instance was at University, I took a conversational foreign language class as an elective and we would play games to encourage dialog and conversation. One time the Spanish teacher awarded those that 'won' with a handful of large balloons. These were probably tuftex or qualatex 16-17" balloons. I was still very phobic at the time, and I was terrified my classmates were going to start inflating the balloons or have another game with the balloons. Fortunately, that didn't happen, but I do recall wondering what some of my cute classmates did with those balloons when they got home. Sadly, I wasn't one of the winners, so I didn't get any. This was still before I discovered their were others, so I didn't make a connection that my professor may have had a thing for balloons. Professor Dennis, if you're out there.... 'Hey!'

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎