Old 08-07-2020, 05:58 PM

DJ Looner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Climb-in Balloon chat. (CIB)
Here are a few pics my CIBs inflated and deflated. The one picture shows the clear CIB before it was inflated, laying on a blue CIB that has been inflated several times. And another picture of the clear one after it was inflated and left tied off for a bit to pre stretch it against that same blue CIB. Very important to prestretch these things including the neck, even though they are the wide neck ones.
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg IMG_20200630_235519855.jpg (2.49 MB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200529_231803905.jpg (2.23 MB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200514_231137587.jpg (2.51 MB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200630_232113423~2.jpg (1.08 MB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200630_235928744~2.jpg (1.54 MB, 50 views)
Old 09-07-2020, 04:57 PM

If anyone else has pictures of things they do with climb in balloons please post them here.
I was just chatting with my favorite CIB manufacturer and they have clients that use the Balloons as chairs. How fun is that.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:24 PM

globos&bears is on a distinguished road
CIBs are so fun stuff. I have some latex glue and I did a giant donut with one of them. Is easy to stay floating on it. I never used one of my CIB as a chair, I prefer those big yoga or pilates balls.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:14 AM

bfinch2000 is on a distinguished road
i've never tried it, but i've always been curious to know what it's like to be completely inside a balloon. it would be cool to blow some more up inside and play with them in there.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:14 AM

It's kinda cool once you finally get it filled. At first I was hesitant to get all the way in, but there was no resisting once it was actually filled and I was in to my neck. It is way easier to get in feet first so you can stay in control of the inflator to keep it filled. I use a matress pump that I have added a rubber hose extension on. I heated the end of the hose up in boiling water to make it softer then fit it over the end of the pump and taped it in place once dry. I also used a latex safe lube on the balloon neck and my shoulders to make it a bit easier. And i put a rubber ball inside the balloon to plug the opening once I got inside. It's very important to warm the balloon in the clothes dryer before you inflate it and to pre inflate it to at least 5 ft to stretch the balloon out. I like to stretch the neck opening a bit too just to make it more comfortable. And then have someone else around to help you in case you get stuck. I hope you get a chance someday. Don't buy the cheap ones get one from BubbleXL.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:03 PM

I have been given the task of creating a balloon chair. The goal is to fill a Climb In Balloon with other smaller balloons, then vacuum the air out of the CIB and manipulate the smaller balloons into a chair shape. Seat backrest arm rests. I think that if I can get my wife to sit in it while I form it and vacuum the air out, it might hold it's shape long enough. I might try to get one larger ballin like a 36" for the cushion. Anyone else want to try to make anything?
Old 26-07-2020, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by stormbubble View Post
Do you ever inflate any larger balloons inside? What else have you filled it with or should I try? thanks!
I was just challenged by the company I get my climb-in balloons from to create a chair with balloons vs putting the Intex chair I have in the CIB. This is the result!

I think a couple more 24" in the front would have looked better. Those were just 12's. I put the 24inch in the neck of the CIB and inflated them and tied them off, it gets hard the more you add I should have just got inside and brought small airline from my large aquarium Pump with. Then you have to get in at some point and position the balloons as you let some air out. The friction of the balloons against each other will hold them in place.
Then I sat on it to help keep the form of a chair and used the vacuum feature of that same pump to remove all the air from the CIB locking everything in place. Again the seal between the neck of the CIB and that 24in keeps the air from sneaking back inside.

Well good luck
DJ🎈
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg IMG_20200724_224339246.jpg (1.06 MB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200724_224515888.jpg (839.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200724_001655444.jpg (2.53 MB, 39 views)
Old 01-08-2020, 10:50 PM

stormbubble is on a distinguished road
Oh yeah i've done that, climbed out and deflated it with the balloons inside...it's very bouncy. I normally fill it up with balloons anyways with me inside....i've been trying to think of what else or what different balloons to use....normally i use 12 or 16 inch.