If you live in an apartment, where do you do it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • omega3
    • Feb 2020

If you live in an apartment, where do you do it?

Like many in here, I live in an apartment with thin walls which make balloon play pretty much impossible at home. Unfortunately I think the concern of others hearing the popping noises is a big turnoff for me.

If you live in an apartment, how do you do it? Where do you go to? Have you ever found a good deserted place to do it?

I have a trip to Europe planned when this quarantine is over and I am looking for a place to be able to play without having to worry about anyone being able to hear it. Suggestions? Hotels? Airbnbs?
  • BalloonBomber
    • Jul 2019

Re: If you live in an apartment, where do you do it?

I live in an apartment, thin walls.. so thin i can hear neighbours fuck sometimes.. but i dont care that much, i just do it. For others popping balloons are nothing suspicious, its us who overthink. Just dont pop them all at once and you will be fine, im pretty sure they wont hear squeezing, and ocasional bursting wont be suspicious.. just if possible avoid blow to pop, especially tuftex, because balloons pop loudest when you blow them too much and trust me, even if you think that bursting balloon is loud and neighbours will hear that, they wont because walls and furniture will muffle majority of sound and at the end of it, ocasional popping will sound like any other random “apartment sound”

Edit:
    And others who say they can hear bursting when they test it.. its because they are listening for that sound and knows where is it coming from. For others bursting balloon sound, if not super loud, will not draw attention.. again, unless you pop per minute is like 10
    Last edited by BalloonBomber; 28-03-2020, 13:42.

Comment

• wildheart
      • Apr 2015

They’ll probably hear if you blow to pop a fresh Q11. Those are really loud. Neighbours can be a problem if you like blow to pops. Sit popping can be pretty loud too if it’s a tight balloon. I try to do it when the neighbours are out but that’s not going to happen any time soon.
      How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
      My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Tracy
        • May 2018

What's wrong with reaching out to your neighbors?

I'd suggest just going to your left and right neighbor and the one below you. Say to them "hey I don't want to be a bad neighbor. I do some crafts work that occasionally requires a bit of noisy hammering. I'll try to keep it to a minimum and won't bother you during nighttime hours. But I didn't want you to be worried about the occasional loud noise over here. Also, is there a time that I should avoid - like nap time for your kids? Also, if the noise does become a problem for you, please do me the favor of letting me know. Again, I don't want to be a bad neighbor and hopefully this won't be a bad intrusion."

Comment

• loonerlee
          • Dec 2018

I lived in a flat for a while, what I did is make sure the bedroom was well carpeted with good underlay and a rug, when furniture was in this helped muffle any noise. I had my partner to pop a balloon while I was in another room in the flat, I could still hear it but not so loud and thought it would be even quieter for the neighbours, so generally I was okay with it. But will say I don't often pop balloons so really I did get any complaints at all. I guess a balloon popping could sound like anything to a neighbour and I think they would also have a TV or there music on at the time there home so Less chance of hearing it or being a problem..... Unless you go on a balloon killing spree lol

Comment

• Eastlooner
            • Apr 2019

I completely agree with Tracy and loonerlee. I also live in the appartment and have neighbourhood. They haven't complained yet. The first thing- have your floor well carpeted when you like stomping to pop and don't pop balloons in an empty room. The second- don't do it at midnight. The third- ask your Partner to pop one when standing outsuide your appartment and hear the sound- it is much more silent, than anyone could expect and becomes well hidden between the sounds of everyday life of your neighbours. None of them lives with the stethoscope or a glass behind your wall. The fourth, if you expect that your appartment entrance isn't acoustically well, just hang a blanket with 2 drawing pins behind. It works. One day I went to my neighbour in the middle of a day, just to talk about the lift. In this time my wife popped 2 or 3 balloons in our appartment and I couldn't hear any bangs. I started to feel free after this experiment. Just do not think about neighbours. You are free in your space.

Comment

• craggy2012
              • Jan 2012

In a nutshell....... Just get on with it!

My partners old flat she was renting when we first met had really thin walls n floors. The creep above her often asked what all the squeaking n giggling was about at night.

Comment

• BusterBill
                Founder, Balloon Buddies
                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Tracy
                What's wrong with reaching out to your neighbors?

I'd suggest just going to your left and right neighbor and the one below you. Say to them "hey I don't want to be a bad neighbor. I do some crafts work that occasionally requires a bit of noisy hammering. I'll try to keep it to a minimum and won't bother you during nighttime hours. But I didn't want you to be worried about the occasional loud noise over here. Also, is there a time that I should avoid - like nap time for your kids? Also, if the noise does become a problem for you, please do me the favor of letting me know. Again, I don't want to be a bad neighbor and hopefully this won't be a bad intrusion."
                This is the most excellent suggestion I've seen for concerned apartment dwellers! What a great idea!

Comment

• craggy2012
                  • Jan 2012

Think I’d deliberately be letting go like Meg Ryan Lol!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎