Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJ Looner
    • Apr 2020

Broken by popping?

Just curious what have you broken around your place, when you either purposely or accidentally popped a balloon?

I personally only play with climb in balloons as it's more the fun that excites me, than the object itself. The first couple CIB that I got had tiny defects so they popped after a couple sessions. The third one I still have and has been used a couple dozen times without popping so I ordered more. Now that they are here I was thinking of inflating the old one to see just how large they can get. Not sure I will pop it on purpose but if this one does go I have plenty extra. I normally just get them to about 5.5ft diameter and there is still plenty of play because I condition them properly. So if it does blow at 7ft in a 12ft wide room I imagine it could cause some damage. The others popped at a much smaller size with me partly in them.

Thanks for sharing🎈
  • LoonerHoax
    • May 2020

Re: Broken by popping?

Pretty sure I broke my tailbone when the B250 I was sitting on popped unexpectedly. I was at work so the thin industrial carpet over concrete didn't cushion the landing very well... If I'm going to be sitting on any balloons at work, I lay down a couple inches of carpet padding first!

Comment

• DJ Looner
      • Apr 2020

Originally posted by LoonerHoax
      Pretty sure I broke my tailbone when the B250 I was sitting on popped unexpectedly. I was at work so the thin industrial carpet over concrete didn't cushion the landing very well... If I'm going to be sitting on any balloons at work, I lay down a couple inches of carpet padding first!

Oh my coworker has a yoga ball chair at her desk. Can't imagine how she could get anything done sitting on that all day.

Other than that unless you're a fetish model I would suggest keeping your hobby away from your workplace.

Hope your tailbone feels better. Ouch.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
        • May 2020

I have a yoga ball as well. It is great for keeping the core muscles strong. The incident with the tailbone was before Easter last year and I still have issues.

Comment

• JamesPopper
          • Nov 2016

What in the world do you do for work that permits for such awesome things :P

Comment

• DJ Looner
            • Apr 2020

How did that go over with the wife? I think my wife's response would be oh well suck it up buttercup.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
              • May 2020

JamesPopper: Unfortunately what I do for work has completely shut down due to Covid. Entire industry globally. My job usually involved long hours all days of the week. That night I was in the office waiting for a crew to finish working in another area of the building.

DJLooner: Wife still laughs at me. I ended up having to get one of those special cushions so I could sit in my office chair for more than 30 minutes without lots of pain and stiffness. It didn't stop me from doing it, just made me have to rethink what was under the balloons lol.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎