X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • softsquishyballoon
    • Feb 2020

My Balloons

To the best of my memory...

Feb. 5, 2020: Found the balloon in the street that started it all. Survived almost seven weeks before shrinking drastically. I finally discarded it on Mar. 31st. It was probably inflated for about couple weeks before I found it.

Feb. 11 to Feb. 20, 2020: Purchased a set of 15 12-inch balloons from Walmart, and 11 are still remaining. All are very soft to the touch, now. (edited Apr 17, 2020: Only 10 remain, now,)

Feb. 24 to Mar. 9, 2020: Purchased a set of 16 9-inch from a grocery store. All are remaining, and are in the in-between firm/soft state.

Mar. 10 to Mar. 16, 2020: Inflated 17 12-inch balloons from Walmart. Somewhat shiny still and somewhat soft. (edited Apr 12, 2020: Only 16 remain, now,)

Mar. 22, 2020: Inflated four regular 12-in balloons and two 16-inch punch balloons, all from Walmart.

Mar. 30, 2020: Inflated one more 16-inch punch balloon.

Apr. 5, 2020: Inflated the last of four 16-inch punch balloons.

I have 90 uninflated 12-inch regular balloons remaining. I'll probably inflate four of them, come next week - in four different colours.

A couple weeks ago, I figured I should dial things back a bit - so that I don't go overboard with inflating balloons.
    Last edited by softsquishyballoon; 17-04-2020, 05:38. Reason: minor
  • softsquishyballoon
    • Feb 2020

Re: My Balloons

Apr. 12, 2020: I just inflated four more balloons in four different colours. Also, I accidentally popped a balloon when I was trying to reinflate a balloon from the set I inflated on Mar. 16 of 2020 (a balloon that was getting small and wrinkly, and I had difficulty removing the wrinkles).

I think, from now on, I'll be making Sunday my balloon inflation day. Next week, I might do just two balloons.

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
      • Feb 2020

April 15, 2020: I lost another balloon this week, as one of my balloons started rapidly shrinking. I tried to reinflate it, and then I saw where the tiny hole was - so I had to discard it. I still have 10 balloons remaining from the "Feb. 11 to Feb. 20, 2020" set. All the remaining balloons in that set have now been in my possession longer than the rescued balloon that started it all.

On another note, I'm now so used to having super soft balloons that I was beginning to underestimate how soft the balloons from the "Feb. 24 to Mar. 9, 2020" set are getting. I should start showing them some more love.
      Last edited by softsquishyballoon; 17-04-2020, 05:42. Reason: minor

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
        • Feb 2020

Apr. 19, Apr. 26, and May 3: I blew up two balloons for each of the past three weeks.

I stopped keeping track when my balloons deflate - but I'm now down to six from the "Feb. 11 to Feb. 20" set and down to ten from the "Feb. 24 to Mar. 9, 2020" set. I don't think I'll be getting anymore of the grocery store brand balloons, since they don't quite get as soft. Maybe it was the combination of the thicker latex and smaller size.

Comment

• SirSquishy
          • Mar 2020

Originally posted by softsquishyballoon

A couple weeks ago, I figured I should dial things back a bit - so that I don't go overboard with inflating balloons.
          Is there such a thing?

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
            • Feb 2020

Probably not. I live alone. I still have a bunch of uninflated Way To Celebrate (Walmart) in a plastic container - and, next week Wednesday, I'm hoping that my package of Ultimate balloons arrives. Quite a few here have mentioned Ultimate and Tuf-Tex being soft, and Qualatex has also been mentioned quite a bit.

Way To Celebrate balloons are actually quite decent quality for the price. I have gotten a few defected balloons, but not too many. So I think I'll be experimenting awhile.

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
              • Feb 2020

Okay, Sunday is usually my day for blowing up balloons - unless I place in an order for a balloon brand that I've yet tried.

#1 ~ The balloon that started it all. Found it on Feb 5th of 2020, and lasted until Mar 31st of 2020. No idea what brand that balloon was.

#2 ~ First set of balloons from Walmart (Way to Celebrate) that I blew up between Feb 11 to Feb 20 of 2020. One remains from this set. If it last until this coming Wednesday, they will have lasted for 15 weeks.

#3 ~ Grocery store brand. They were only 9 inches. After losing six, I deflated the rest except for the second balloon that I blew up - which still remains. After 13 weeks, it gave out early last week. (Inflated on Feb 24th of 2020.)

#4 ~ More Walmart (Way to Celebrate) balloons. 4 balloons from that set remain. They are over 16 weeks old. (Inflated Mar 9th to Mar 16th of 2020.)

#5 ~ One regular balloons and two punch balloons, all are Way to Celebrate. They are over 15 weeks old. (Inflated Mar 22nd of 2020)

#6 ~ One punch balloon, green, regular size (16 inches), over 14 weeks old. (Inflated Mar 29th of 2020)

#7 ~ One punch balloon, yellow, regular size (16 inches), over 13 weeks old. (Inflated Apr 5th of 2020)

#8 ~ Three regular balloons, regular size, over 12 weeks old. (Inflated Apr 12th of 2020)

#9 ~ One regular balloon, regular size, over 11 weeks old. (Inflated Apr 19th of 2020)

#10 ~ One regular balloons, regular size, over 10 weeks old. (Inflated Apr 26th of 2020)

#11 ~ Three regular balloons, regular size, over 9 weeks old. (Inflated May 3rd of 2020)

#12 ~ One regular balloon, regular size, over 8 week old. (Inflated May 10th of 2020)

#13 ~ Three unique balloons, regular size (12 inches), almost 8 weeks old. (Inflated May 13th of 2020)

#14 ~ One diva pink Way to Celebrate balloon and one Unique balloon inflated on May 16th of 2020. Formerly one DG Sports balloon, one Unique balloon, and one diva pink Way to Celebrate balloon inflated on May 20th of 2020. I'll be counting this as one set. 7 weeks old

#15 ~ Two Tuf-Tex balloons inflated on May 23rd of 2020 and one Tuf-Tex balloon inflated May 27th of 2020. Wubble Bubble was also inflated on May 23rd of 2020. So three balloons total - or four, if you count wubble bubble. My Unique balloon was defective and kept shrinking, so I threw it out. 6 weeks old.

#16 ~ I blew up one Unique balloon (to replace the defective one from #15) and one Tuf-Tex balloon. Over 5 weeks old.

#17 ~ Only one of my four orders have delivered this week. Firefly Imports delivered June 11th of 2020, and I inflated two from this set. Almost 4 weeks old.

#18 ~ June 15th of 2020: formerly 1 Balsa-Circle, formerly 1 Efavormart, 1 Unique; June 18th of 2020: formerly 1 Prex-Tex, 1 Hydra Costume, 2 RUBFAC, 1 Way to Celebrate; June 19th of 2020: formerly 2 Lacoreka. (Almost 3 weeks old.)

#19 ~ June 24th of 2020: formerly 1 Shatchi balloon and one Exquisite balloon. Almost 2 week old.

#20 ~ July 3rd of 2020: formerly ylqxc (1), American Greetings (1), CTI (1), formerly Homeford (1), PartyWoo (1), Payaso (1).

#21 ~ July 6rd of 2020: Axiom International (1) and Party Zealot (1)

#22 ~ July 10th of 2020: HomeFurnishing.Z (1), Nexci (1), BLOOMING LOVE (1), sccjgl (1), Novelty Place (1); July 11th of 2020: Yeunmu (1), Present Avenue (1), LAKOEE (1)

#23 ~ July 12th of 2020: 1 Efavormart; July 16th of 2020: 1 Balsa-Circle; July 18: 1 HomeFurnishing.Z, 1 Efavormart

#24 ~ July 19th of 2020: 1 DG Sports

#25 ~ July 26th of 2020: 1 Shatchi; July 31st: 1 ylqxc; August 1st: 1 Prex-Tex, 1 Homeford; 1 Efavormart

#26 ~ August 2nd of 2020: 1 Lacoreka
              Last edited by softsquishyballoon; 02-08-2020, 22:17. Reason: updated August 2nd of 2020

Comment

• SirSquishy
                • Mar 2020

#1 ~ The balloon that started it all. Found it on Feb 5th of 2020, and lasted until Mar 31st of 2020. No idea what brand that balloon was.
                You ever think you'll learn the brand of that balloon? One thing I like about stray balloons is trying to find who makes them. Sort of a puzzle, or a mystery.

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
                  • Feb 2020

I think it's safe to rule out Unique, since that balloon had a pronounced drip point - and Unique balloons don't. It's quite similar to the Walmart (Way to Celebrate) brand, but the colour was a bit off. The balloon was pink, and Way to Celebrate has two shades of pink - and that balloon's shade didn't quite match either one.

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
                    • Feb 2020

#2 ~ The remaining five did survive three months, but one of them finally gave out today. I doubt that the remaining four will survive another month, but I'll enjoy their softness while I can.

#3 ~ The last from this set gave out earlier this week. I don't think I'll be doing that brand, again - unless I can find a package of balloons that is at least 12 inches.

#9 ~ One balloon from that set (rose petal) popped as I was attempting to reinflate it. So I now have only the other one (diva pink). I wonder what it is that tends to be faulty with the rose petal coloured balloons

#14 ~ One diva pink Way to Celebrate balloon and one Unique balloon inflated on May 16th of 2020. Two DG Sports balloons, two Unique balloons, and one diva pink Way to Celebrate balloon inflated on May 20th of 2020. I'll be counting this as one set.

#15 ~ Probably one Tuf-Tex balloon and one Exquisite balloon, if they arrive next week.

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
                      • Feb 2020

#3 ~ I'm now down three from this set.

#15 ~ Two Tuf-Tex balloons inflated on May 23rd of 2020, two Exquisite balloons inflated on May 26th of 2020, one Tuf-Tex balloon and one Unique balloon inflated today. Wubble Bubble was also inflated on May 23rd of 2020. So six balloons total - or seven, if you count wubble bubble.

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
                        • Feb 2020

Okay, Sunday is usually my day for blowing up balloons - unless I place in an order for a balloon brand that I've yet tried.

#2 ~ First set of balloons from Walmart (Way to Celebrate) that I blew up between Feb 11 to Feb 20 of 2020. One remains from this set. If it last until this coming Wednesday, they will have lasted for 15 week.

#3 ~ Grocery store brand. They were only 9 inches. After losing six, I deflated the rest except for the second balloon that I blew up - which still remains. After 13 weeks, it gave out early last week. (Inflated on Feb 24th of 2020.)

#4 ~ More Walmart (Way to Celebrate) balloons. 12 balloons from that set remain. I deflated some of the blue balloons with defective drip points. Most are downsized to about seven inches (listed size is 12 inches), which makes them soft and squishy to the touch. They are now ten weeks old.

#5 ~ Four regular balloons and two punch balloon, all are Way to Celebrate. One of the punch balloons keeps shrinking. I just downsized the four regular balloons. They are almost ten weeks old.

#6 ~ One punch balloon, green, regular size (16 inches), almost nine weeks old.

#7 ~ One punch balloon, yellow, regular size (16 inches), almost eight weeks old.

#8 ~ Four regular balloons, regular size, almost seven weeks old.

#9 ~ Two regular balloons, regular size, almost six weeks old.

#10 ~ Two regular balloons, regular size, almost five weeks old.

#11 ~ Three regular balloons, regular size, almost four weeks old.

#12 ~ One regular balloon, regular size, almost three week old.

#13 ~ Four unique balloons, regular size (12 inches), over two weeks old.

#14 ~ One diva pink Way to Celebrate balloon and one Unique balloon inflated on May 16th of 2020. Two DG Sports balloons, two Unique balloons, and one diva pink Way to Celebrate balloon inflated on May 20th of 2020. I'll be counting this as one set.

#15 ~ Two Tuf-Tex balloons inflated on May 23rd of 2020, two Exquisite balloons inflated on May 26th of 2020, one Tuf-Tex balloon and one Unique balloon inflated today. Wubble Bubble was also inflated on May 23rd of 2020. So six balloons total - or seven, if you count wubble bubble.
                        I am now down to one balloon remaining from #2 - which, surprisingly, is holding up nicely... possibly because it's the one from the set I least played with. The last balloon remaining from #3 gave out early last week.
                        Last edited by softsquishyballoon; 31-05-2020, 06:59. Reason: added info

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
                          • Feb 2020

#2 ~ First set of balloons from Walmart (Way to Celebrate) that I blew up between Feb 11 to Feb 20 of 2020. One remains from this set. If it last until this coming Wednesday, they will have lasted for 15 week.
                          Okay, the last balloon from that set has finally given out. So it lasted about 15 weeks.

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
                            • Feb 2020

#2 ~ First set of balloons from Walmart (Way to Celebrate) that I blew up between Feb 11 to Feb 20 of 2020. One remains from this set. If it last until this coming Wednesday, they will have lasted for 15 weeks.

#4 ~ More Walmart (Way to Celebrate) balloons. 12 balloons from that set remain. I deflated some of the blue balloons with defective drip points. Most are downsized to about seven inches (listed size is 12 inches), which makes them soft and squishy to the touch. They are almost thirteen weeks old. (Inflated Mar 9th to Mar 16th of 2020.)

#5 ~ Four regular balloons and two punch balloon, all are Way to Celebrate. One of the punch balloons keeps shrinking. I just downsized the four regular balloons. They are almost twelve weeks old. (Inflated Mar 22nd of 2020)

#6 ~ One punch balloon, green, regular size (16 inches), almost eleven weeks old. (Inflated Mar 29th of 2020)

#7 ~ One punch balloon, yellow, regular size (16 inches), almost ten weeks old. (Inflated Apr 5th of 2020)

#8 ~ Four regular balloons, regular size, almost nine weeks old. (Inflated Apr 12th of 2020)

#9 ~ One regular balloons, regular size, almost eight weeks old. (Inflated Apr 19th of 2020)

#10 ~ Two regular balloons, regular size, almost seven weeks old. (Inflated Apr 26th of 2020)

#11 ~ Three regular balloons, regular size, almost six weeks old. (Inflated May 3rd of 2020)

#12 ~ One regular balloon, regular size, almost five week old. (Inflated May 10th of 2020)

#13 ~ Four unique balloons, regular size (12 inches), over four weeks old. (Inflated May 13th of 2020)

#14 ~ One diva pink Way to Celebrate balloon and one Unique balloon inflated on May 16th of 2020. Two DG Sports balloons, two Unique balloons, and one diva pink Way to Celebrate balloon inflated on May 20th of 2020. I'll be counting this as one set. Over three weeks old

#15 ~ Two Tuf-Tex balloons inflated on May 23rd of 2020, two Exquisite balloons inflated on May 26th of 2020, one Tuf-Tex balloon and one Unique balloon inflated May 27th of 2020. Wubble Bubble was also inflated on May 23rd of 2020. So six balloons total - or seven, if you count wubble bubble. Over two weeks old. My Unique balloon was defective and kept shrinking, so I threw it out.

#16 ~ I blew up one Unique balloon (to replace the defective one from #15) and one Tuf-Tex balloon.

#17 ~ My balloons should be arriving by Saturday, so I'll probably be inflating some from that set.
                            Updated!

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
                              • Feb 2020

#4 ~ More Walmart (Way to Celebrate) balloons. 12 balloons from that set remain. I deflated some of the blue balloons with defective drip points. Most are downsized to about seven inches (listed size is 12 inches), which makes them soft and squishy to the touch. They are almost thirteen weeks old. (Inflated Mar 9th to Mar 16th of 2020.
                              All twelve balloons are remaining - and, within two days, they will have lasted for three months.

#5 ~ Four regular balloons and two punch balloon, all are Way to Celebrate. I just downsized the four regular balloons. They are almost twelve weeks old. (Inflated Mar 22nd of 2020)
                              I'm guessing the two punch balloons will probably last longer than the other balloons from this set.

#13 ~ Four unique balloons, regular size (12 inches), over four weeks old. (Inflated May 13th of 2020)
                              This marks the first time I inflated balloons from a brand other than Way to Celebrate.

#17 ~ Only one of my four orders have delivered this week. Firefly Imports delivered this Thursday, and I inflated two from this set.
                              This is the most recent set. In future weeks, I might just be inflating just one of each brand as it arrives - instead of two.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎