Old 08-08-2015, 06:39 AM

Nopops4me is on a distinguished road
Default What happened
Does writing stories here have a 'time out' limit? The other day I had the house to myself & thought I'd try & put down the story I'd had mulling around in my head. So as to get grammar etc. correct, I took it slow. Just after about two hours I was on the last few words & feeling very excited at the thought of contributing the story to this forum, when suddenly the words just disappeared, the screen went blank. Trying to retrieve the article with no success I had to give up in frustration. Did a time limit come into place & cut it off? Not sure when I'll get time to give it another go.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:07 AM

lyckr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What happened
Yes, you'll get automatically logged off after 30 minutes or something, at least if you stay at the same page for that long. If you're planning on writing a long post, use Word or some other word processor and save regularly (if you don't have any, OpenOffice is a good free alternative). When you're done, you can just log in to the forum and copy/paste the entire thing and post it.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:48 PM

Jkloon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What happened
It has to do with the websites reloading. Because it's constantly updating, sometimes the page will auto-refresh.