Old 14-02-2021, 08:26 AM

JCB is on a distinguished road
Default Coming to acceptance of balloon fetish
For me personally I tried to push it away as abnormal but now I've accepted & embraced it for being what it is & Now wish I'd done it long ago. I feel good about balloons & feel good about my connection to balloons. So completely & totally natural. Have any others tried to suppress feelings re balloons in the past & what were your experiences?
Old 16-02-2021, 05:42 PM

globos&bears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Coming to acceptance of balloon fetish
In some time of my life i tried to suppress the feeling, in my teens mostly, I guess many people tried.
Old 24-02-2021, 04:09 PM

lucid is on a distinguished road
Yeah man I'd say thats most of us. Glad to hear you've come to just accept it tho. Not being able to be honest with your self is the absolute worst. While we cant pretend its "normal", as long as we aren't hurting anybody, there isn't a thing wrong with it. "Normal" sucks anyway lol. Think of all the cool or interesting people you know or from history. None of them are normal. Ive come to think of the fetish as some kind of extra benefit in life that not everybody has access to. Sure everybody enjoys sex, but for us, throw some balloons in and its like some kind of drug the way our brains fire haha. I also recently read some kind of poll or survey that said the balloon fetish is now the most popular fetish in two states within the US. So we definitely aren't alone.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:40 AM

johnjohnhouston is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Coming to acceptance of balloon fetish
I'm very familiar with this problem. As a young man, I felt terrible shame around it and kept it wrapped up tight. It runs so deeply in my soul, it's impossible to deny. I would be filled with shame after finding such deep pleasure in something completely inanimate. I was in the closet, surrounded by ignorant and hypermasculine cowboy wannabes. I was so very very different from everyone else. Self-protection became armor over time. Coming out is never easy. I've had to do it many times. Coming out as gay to my family was brutal. You can't run from your heart, you can try to ignore it or you can listen to it, embrace it and squeeze until it's about to pop.
Old 07-08-2021, 06:44 AM

Loon119 is on a distinguished road
I feel the same way for many years.
My mum was the first to discover my fetish and made me feel truly disgusting and ashamed of my fetish when I was a child.
Growing up and as an adult I've always felt weird and the only one and feel I was strange for loving an inanimate object. As an adult I've always felt at the back of my mind, I'm an adult, I'm a man Im meant to be strong, the leader of everything the older and the stronger and the protector of my wife yet I love balloons and hate to see them pop by others. I can protect my wife against anything without a shadow of fear until a balloon is popped and I'm like a kid.
I was always ashamed of my balloons but my wife and this forum have supported me and I feel I can accept my fetish as part of me now. I've been a looner for 30+ years so I guess I better accept it
Old 07-08-2021, 07:39 PM

Dude1234 is on a distinguished road
I have noticed that not having balloons doesn't stop the fetish either. I haven't touched a balloon in 2 to 3 years (unfortunately it sucks) and it's still as strong as ever. I do wonder as I get older will it go away honestly I think not.
I have accepted and embraced it but I still have moments of wtf am I like this but I can sort of ignore that. Sometimes I want it to go away being turned on when I see balloons and having the urge but then when I get my way it's the best thing in the world
Old 08-08-2021, 08:14 AM

Lgcm is on a distinguished road
I know exactly what you mean…
I just told my boyfriend about it today and he’s made me feel super confident. I just went ahead and purchased my first large balloons because of this )) I got a GL1200, a Cattex Doll and a cattex 32” long neck balloon.

I used to feel so embarrassed about this fetish, but having found all you wonderful looners (along with the acceptance of my partner) I am definitely embracing this side of me.

I can’t wait to have some fun!!! We do love balloons after all!
Old 08-08-2021, 09:37 PM

Fuusen is on a distinguished road
Well, when I realised I had this “weird” balloon fetish, I felt ashamed at first. Then quickly
i realised it doesn’t hurt anybody and it is actually quite a funny fetish.

In the last 20 years, I had times where I ignored my fetish for months, or even years. It does not go away and at some point, I always come back to it ��

Same goes for looner action in my marriage. Ups and downs, balloon wise. And that is fine.
In the end, it is “just a balloon”.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:45 AM

aron_crow is on a distinguished road
I suppose everybody has tried it at some point. I dont get to be around balloons a lot, I have a big stash but I don't get a chance to play with them. Sometimes I think its weird but there aren't a lot of people in this world that don't have a connection/liking to these things. They may like popping or are afraid but everyone likes them.

I guess its all about becoming confident. After all, it aint doing no harm, unlike stuff like BDSM.
Old 10-08-2021, 04:30 PM

TheMole is on a distinguished road
After discovering my fetish around 11-12 years old, I never really tried to suppress it, but I never shared it with anyone. It didn't strike me as something "bad" or "dirty", just something that was best kept to myself.

Apart from small things when I was a kid, (family members saying "man, he really likes balloons", etc.) to this day I've never had someone unintentionally find out, only the people I've voluntarily told. I pride myself on this lol, especially because I still don't live alone and have quite a bit of gear for both my balloon/inflatable and latex fetishes.

Most people in my life would probably just get over it if they did find out, they've all got their own thing going on anyway.

Surprisingly I've never had reservations about telling sexual partners and girlfriends though, its turned out fine so far.